Do you know how I can recover the files that suddenly disappeared from my OneDrive after my account was reactivated?

Davide Galuppi 0 Punti di reputazione
2025-10-06T12:19:42.66+00:00

Dear Microsoft Customer Care,

My name is xxx, and I am a research fellow at the Department of Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering at xxx. I am writing regarding a very serious issue I am currently experiencing with my OneDrive account associated with [Moderator note: personal info removed]@xxx.it.

Yesterday, following the reactivation of my credentials and cloud services, all the files from my personal folders (those I had created myself) suddenly disappeared both from OneDrive online and from the OneDrive desktop app. At present, I can only see shared folders, while all my personal folders appear empty.

These files are of critical importance for my research work, and unfortunately, I do not have local copies of several of them.

I kindly ask for your urgent assistance in investigating this issue and recovering the lost data, if possible.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards, [Moderator note: personal info removed]

Microsoft 365 e Office | OneDrive | Per il lavoro | Altro

1 risposta

Ordina per: Più utili
  1. Tamara-Hu 17,960 Punti di reputazione Personale Esterno Microsoft Moderatore
    2025-10-08T13:05:29.6366667+00:00

    Hello @Davide Galuppi,  

    Good day! Thank you for posting your valuable question on Microsoft Q&A forum.   

    Thank you for reaching out, and I’m truly sorry to hear about the issue you're facing. Since your OneDrive account was recently reactivated, and your personal folders are missing, here are the steps I recommend: 

    Check the OneDrive Recycle Bin 

    Sometimes, files are moved to the Recycle Bin during account deactivation: 

    • Go to OneDrive Web and sign in with your account. 
    • On the left pane, click Recycle bin. 
    • Look for your missing folders or files. If found, select them and click Restore. 

    Files in the Recycle Bin are typically retained for 93 days unless permanently deleted. 

    If the files are not in your Recycle Bin, check the Second-Stage Recycle Bin on your OneDrive: 

    • In your Recycle Bin. 
    • Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Second-step Recycle Bin. 
    • Select the items you want to restore. 
    • Click Restore. 

    The second-stage recycle bin may appear like this in your OneDrive: 

     Immagine dell'utente

    If you cannot find any files in your Recycle Bin, you may want to Restore your OneDrive: 

    • Go to OneDrive Web and sign in with your account. 
    • Select the gear icon (Settings) > Reset your OneDrive. 
    • Under Select a date, choose Yesterday or any date you want. 
    • Scroll down to see the changes on OneDrive and see if there is the version you want to restore > if so, click Restore. 

    Immagine dell'utente

    If after trying all the steps above, you still can't find the version: Contact Microsoft Support immediately and ask them to restore for you. Note that Microsoft support teams can only restore your entire site's data within 14 days for business accounts. 

    For business support: 

    1. Find your Microsoft 365 admin: If you don't know who the global admin is in your organization, you can find guidance here: How can I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support 
    2. Submit a service request: The Global Administrator should create a support request with Microsoft to receive advanced technical assistance. For detailed instructions, see: Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn 

    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment". 

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. Immagine dell'utente

    La risposta è stata utile?


Risposta

Le risposte possono essere contrassegnate come "Accettata" dall'autore della domanda e "Consigliata" dai moderatori, in modo da consentire agli utenti di sapere che la risposta ha risolto il problema dell'autore.