MFA, SMS Error Code: 399287

LorenzoPifferi-2348 0 Punti di reputazione
2025-08-12T10:17:29.8066667+00:00

I have been blocked due to “bad reputation” when trying to access via SMS from a new phone (the old one has a broken touchscreen). There seems to be no way to receive any support. Is anyone able to help me regain access to the account I’m paying for? Thank you.

Microsoft 365 e Office | Access | Per la casa | Windows
0 commenti Nessun commento

2 risposte

Ordina per: Più utili
  1. Eliminata

    Questa risposta è stata eliminata a causa di una violazione del codice di comportamento. La risposta è stata segnalata manualmente o identificata tramite il rilevamento automatizzato prima dell'esecuzione dell'azione. Per ulteriori informazioni, fai riferimento al codice di comportamento.


    I commenti sono stati disattivati. Ulteriori informazioni

  2. Anonimo
    2025-08-12T11:49:35.0166667+00:00

    Dear @LorenzoPifferi-2348,

    Thank you so much for contacting Microsoft Q&A Forum. 

    Based on your description, I understand that the issue you are facing which is being blocked from SMS-based login due to a "bad reputation", is related to Microsoft's PhoneReputation service, which is part of Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Microsoft uses an internal service called PhoneReputation to assess the trustworthiness of phone numbers used for MFA. If a number is flagged as having a "bad reputation," it gets blocked from receiving SMS verification codes. Here are a few suggestions that may help resolve the issue:  

    1.Normally, if you still have access to your previous phone, try opening the Authenticator app there. You may be able to retrieve a verification code or approve the sign-in request. So this will be a solution if you still have old phone, but you cannot use it due to broken screen, please take it as an experience. 

    2.Use an alternative verification method: select “I can’t use my Microsoft Authenticator app right now.” This may allow you to verify your identity via email because SMS was failed, assuming those backup methods were previously set up.  

    3.If the above method doesn’t work, you should reset your MFA. Also, I don't know your account is personal account or business (work or school) account. Therefore, I suggest for both types: 

    If you use personal account: 

    If you use business account: 

    may I know if you know any other Global Administrators in your organization? 

    Please note that this team is always overwhelmed, so you might need to wait for them to call you, this should take 3-10 working days. I know that this is not a convenient solution to hear but it seems to be the only way, and it's recommended that you should have a secondary/backup Global Administrator to fix this issue on your own. 

    I hope for your understanding and patience in this matter as I really want to help you. However, this issue is beyond of my control because I'm limited in my forum moderator role and cannot access the internal databases to help you directly. So, please kindly contact Microsoft Support team for the most efficient help. 

    Wish you a pleasant day!


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment". 

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Immagine dell'utente

    La risposta è stata utile?


Risposta

Le risposte possono essere contrassegnate come "Accettata" dall'autore della domanda e "Consigliata" dai moderatori, in modo da consentire agli utenti di sapere che la risposta ha risolto il problema dell'autore.