Tenant lockout from MS 365 global administrator account

Michele Baggi 0 Hírnévpontok
2026-09-07T18:55:16.82+00:00

I am the sole Global Administrator of a Microsoft 365 tenant ([Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]@szentferencplebania.hu). I am locked out because Microsoft Authenticator is the only MFA method configured. I cannot access the Admin Center to create a support ticket. I need MFA reset and tenant recovery assistance.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams üzleti célokra | Egyéb
0 megjegyzés Nincsenek megjegyzések

2 válasz

Rendezés alapja: Legújabb
  1. Michele Baggi 0 Hírnévpontok
    2026-09-09T07:55:45.52+00:00

    I tried to call already three times the support, whit different telefon (mobile and landline), but when I speak with the automated voice, the call always drops. I called both the numbers I found for my country, but it'a the same story. I don't know how to get help from the Support. Can you help me?

    Hasznos volt ez a válasz?


  2. Jay1 Tran 1,700 Hírnévpontok Független tanácsadó
    2026-09-07T19:17:37.7+00:00

    As your issue description is primarily written in English, I will provide my response in English for your convenience. Please feel free to let me know if you would prefer the information in another language. 

    Hi Michele,

    I hope you're doing well.

    I’m truly sorry to hear that you’re currently unable to sign in. If your account is also an admin account and there are no other available global administrators in your tenant, then the only way to regain access is contact Microsoft support. Please try locating the appropriate hotline for your region here: Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support 

    In this situation, the Microsoft Data Protection team has tools and processes in place to verify identity and regain access to administrator accounts. 

    Here are some tips and an example of a prompt to help you navigate the IVR more effectively: 

    (When you call the support number, you may hear an introduction of about 30 seconds such as "you can visit the link...". You can ignore this introduction and wait until you are presented with the options. Then press "1" as a business email user, and again "1" for technical help.)   

    In some regions, the initial interaction may be automated, so here’s a general idea of how the conversation might go to help you prepare:     

    • What kind of problem are you experiencing?        
    • Answer: Authenticator        
    • What products do you use?        
    • Answer: Office 365 for business        
    • Is this for an education or company account?        
    • Answer: For companies        
    • Are you an administrator?        
    • Answer: Yes        
    • Are there any other administrators in your organization?        
    • Answer: No. I am the only admin in my tenant         
    • Do you need a... Service request?         
    • Answer: Yes. I need to create a ticket. Please send me direct to the Data Protection Teams.     

    During the phone call, you will need to provide the information associated with your subscription, such as your company name, billing details, phone number, and an alternate email address, etc. This information allows the Data Protection team to verify your identity and securely assist you in regaining access to your administrator account.     

    I know being locked out of the only admin account can be stressful, but contacting the Data Protection team is the correct path forward in this scenario.

    I hope these steps help you create a support ticket successfully and move closer to regaining access to your administrator account. While I’m not able to intervene directly, guiding you to the right support team is the most effective help I can provide here. 

    Hope you're able to get this resolved soon.

    Hasznos volt ez a válasz?

    0 megjegyzés Nincsenek megjegyzések

Az Ön válasza

A válaszokat a kérdés szerzője „Elfogadottnak”, a moderátorok pedig „Ajánlottnak” jelölhetik, ami segít a felhasználóknak megérteni, hogy a válasz megoldotta-e a szerző problémáját.