windows PIN problem

Zarnóczki Artúr 0 Hírnévpontok
2026-08-31T08:40:16.3466667+00:00

Dear Microsoft Support,

I am writing to report a recurring issue with the Windows security settings on my device, which I believe poses a significant security risk.

Several times this month, Windows has failed to recognize my PIN and prompted me to create a new one. I started the PIN reset process, but when I reached the step where I had to enter a new code, I exited the settings and cancelled the operation. Immediately after doing so, the system granted access to my Windows account without requiring any PIN at all.

This behavior is concerning, because it means that if someone gains access to my laptop—or any device where my Microsoft account is already signed in—they could potentially bypass the PIN requirement and enter my personal computer without authentication.

I kindly request that you investigate this issue and inform me whether a fix is planned, or if there are any additional steps I should take to ensure the security of my account and device.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely, Zarnóczki

Windows otthoni használatra | Egyéb | Akadálymentesség
0 megjegyzés Nincsenek megjegyzések

1 válasz

Rendezés alapja: Leghasznosabb
  1. Ian-T 13,450 Hírnévpontok Külső Microsoft-munkatársak Moderátor
    2026-09-01T00:33:30.6433333+00:00

    Please note that this is Hungarian Q&A Forum, any threads should be posted in Hungarian. However, I will still provide an answer in English based on your initial response. 


    Hi @Zarnóczki Artúr

    Thank you for reporting this. I understand why the behavior would be concerning.

    It is possible that cancelling the PIN reset returned you to an already authenticated Windows session rather than bypassing authentication. To verify this, please:

    1. Install all available updates under Settings > Windows Update.
    2. Press Windows key + L to lock the computer, then confirm whether Windows requests a PIN, password, fingerprint, or facial recognition.
    3. Restart the computer and test the sign-in screen again.
    4. Reset the PIN fully through Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > PIN (Windows Hello) > I forgot my PIN. Microsoft’s documented reset process requires account verification before creating a new PIN

    If the computer still opens from a locked or restarted state without any authentication, please record the Windows version and exact steps, then report it through Feedback Hub > Security and Privacy and contact Microsoft Support.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors cannot access accounts or Microsoft’s back-end systems. We can only provide technical guidance on reported incidents, requests and ideas 

    I hope my answer helps, please feel free to let me know if you need any further assistance

    Hasznos volt ez a válasz?


Az Ön válasza

A válaszokat a kérdés szerzője „Elfogadottnak”, a moderátorok pedig „Ajánlottnak” jelölhetik, ami segít a felhasználóknak megérteni, hogy a válasz megoldotta-e a szerző problémáját.