Windows 11 Hello PIN setup window does not appear / disappears after entering password

Imre Szakács 0 Hírnévpontok
2025-11-28T10:22:07.49+00:00

I have a Lenovo LOQ 16IRH8 laptop. In the BIOS, I needed to enable Secure Boot, but even though it was enabled, it did not take effect, so I had to reset the Secure Boot keys.

Since then, I have been unable to use Windows Hello PIN to sign in, which is understandable. However, when I try to set up a new PIN:

I enter my Microsoft account password as requested

After entering the password, nothing happens and the window simply disappears

No error message is displayed; the PIN setup does not proceed. I have tried clearing the Ngc folder, restarting the services, and even using a temporary local account, but the issue persists.

Could you please advise on how to resolve this so I can set a new Windows Hello PIN?

Windows otthoni használatra | Windows 11 | Fiókok, profilok és bejelentkezés
0 megjegyzés Nincsenek megjegyzések

1 válasz

Rendezés alapja: Legrégebbi
  1. Clary-N 16,660 Hírnévpontok Külső Microsoft-munkatársak Moderátor
    2025-11-29T05:23:30.24+00:00

    *The original message is written in English but the locale is Hungary. We will provide support in English for clarity. If you prefer Hungarian, please use a translation tool or let us know. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

    Hi Imre Szakács,

    Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A forum. I understand that you’re experiencing an issue where the Windows Hello PIN setup window disappears after entering your Microsoft account password, and no error message is shown. This issue happened after Secure Boot was changed and the keys were reset, and I appreciate the steps you’ve already tried.

    To help resolve this, please follow these steps:

    • Press Win + R, type tpm.msc, and open the TPM Management Console. Select Clear TPM and follow the prompts to remove old keys tied to previous Secure Boot states.
    • Go to Lenovo website to manually update any critical components, including BIOS and firmware drivers (if any). These updates restore compatibility between hardware security features and Windows Hello.

    *Disclaimer: Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the information you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to technology. 

    • If the PIN setup still fails after clearing TPM and updating firmware, perform an in-place upgrade of Windows 11. Download the Windows 11 Installation Assistant or ISO from Microsoft, run Setup.exe, and select Keep apps and files. This process refreshes the sign-in stack and system components without erasing your data, often resolving persistent Hello PIN provisioning issues.

    *Disclaimer: Let’s try performing an in-place install or in-place upgrade which will refresh your Windows files and operating system without removing files or applications. That being said, we always recommend that if you have important data, you should back it up before making large system changes. If you want to back up your data first, please do so. Once you are done backing up, you can follow the steps in the following guides: 

    How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 11 - Microsoft Q&A 

    Note: This link is in English. If needed, please use a translator tool or browser translation feature to view the content in your preferred language.

    I hope these steps help restore Windows Hello PIN functionality. If you encounter any issues during these steps or need further assistance, please let me know.

    I'm here to support you every step of the way.


    If the answer helps, click "Accept answer" and vote "upvote". If you have additional questions about this answer, please click "Comment".

    Note: If you want to receive email notifications about this thread, follow the steps in our documentation to enable email notifications.

    Hasznos volt ez a válasz?


Az Ön válasza

A válaszokat a kérdés szerzője „Elfogadottnak”, a moderátorok pedig „Ajánlottnak” jelölhetik, ami segít a felhasználóknak megérteni, hogy a válasz megoldotta-e a szerző problémáját.