Excel sorting does not work after Control Panel / Region is changed

MA 0 Hírnévpontok
2025-08-28T16:37:21.6466667+00:00

I have windows11 in English and Office 365. After I change the region to Hungary in the Control Panel, Sort buttons does not work in Excel, and also Settings /Custom lists are unavailable.

Excel_Sorting.png
If I switch back the Region to English, the Sorting works well again.

Control_Panel_Region.png

Microsoft 365 és Office | Excel | Otthoni | Windows
0 megjegyzés Nincsenek megjegyzések

2 válasz

Rendezés alapja: Leghasznosabb
  1. MA 0 Hírnévpontok
    2025-08-30T14:56:02.99+00:00

    Dear Kimberly,
    Thanks. Excel was set as you wrote down.

    But finally I found the solution. I had Windows only in English language.Screenshot 2025-08-30 152917

    So at Windows Settings / Time & language / Language & region I pressed Add a language button, installed Hungarian language as well.

    Screenshot 2025-08-30 164341

    After that I went back to Windows Control panel and changed the Format to Hungarian.

    Screenshot 2025-08-30 165141

    In this way sorting works again in Excel also with Hungarian Custom lists (days, months). :)
    Thanks anyway.

    Hasznos volt ez a válasz?

    0 megjegyzés Nincsenek megjegyzések

  2. Kimberly Olaño 23,615 Hírnévpontok
    2025-08-28T20:07:10.1666667+00:00

    Hello! MA, thanks for the details.

    Excel relies on the Windows "Region" for sorting rules (collation), and if the system is set to a locale that Excel/Office doesn’t fully support, sorting and custom lists can break. Try this,

    In Excel, go to

    File → Options → Language

    Make sure you have:

    Editing language: Hungarian (if you want to work in Hungarian)

    Display/Help language: English or Hungarian (depending on preference)

    If Hungarian is not installed, click Add additional editing languages → choose Hungarian → Set as Default → Restart Excel.

    Let me know how it would go, thanks.

    Hasznos volt ez a válasz?

    0 megjegyzés Nincsenek megjegyzések

Az Ön válasza

A válaszokat a kérdés szerzője „Elfogadottnak”, a moderátorok pedig „Ajánlottnak” jelölhetik, ami segít a felhasználóknak megérteni, hogy a válasz megoldotta-e a szerző problémáját.