Hub central des services et outils de migration cloud Azure permettant de découvrir, d’évaluer et de migrer les charges de travail vers le cloud.
Hi Suchitra,
Thank you again for the detailed explanation.
I have now completed the additional checks you suggested.
First, I re-ran Get-AzVMSize against the VMs in their current configuration, after they had already been resized from Bv1 to Das_v4.
Current VM sizes are:
SRV-DC1 -> Standard_D2as_v4 SRV-NIS1 -> Standard_D4as_v4
Get-AzVMSize still returns the Dadsv5 family for both VMs, including:
Standard_D2ads_v5 Standard_D4ads_v5
I also previously checked Get-AzComputeResourceSku for France Central and both target SKUs return an empty Restrictions collection:
Standard_D2ads_v5 -> No restrictions Standard_D4ads_v5 -> No restrictions
Finally, I checked the placement configuration of both VMs. Neither VM is associated with:
- an Availability Zone
- an Availability Set
- a Proximity Placement Group
So at this stage:
-
Get-AzVMSizelists Dadsv5 as available for both current VMs; -
Get-AzComputeResourceSkureports no subscription restriction; - there are no Zone / Availability Set / PPG placement constraints;
- but the Azure Portal Size blade still does not display Dadsv5.
Based on your explanation, would you agree that the remaining likely explanation is current Azure capacity / placement availability or an additional portal-side filtering condition?
Since you confirmed that PowerShell resize is fully supported and validated server-side, would the next reasonable step be to attempt the resize during a maintenance window to:
SRV-DC1 -> Standard_D2ads_v5 SRV-NIS1 -> Standard_D4ads_v5
and capture the Azure error / Correlation ID if the platform refuses the allocation?
I would prefer to confirm this approach before attempting it on production.
Thank you, SébastienHi Suchitra,
Thank you again for the detailed explanation.
I have now completed the additional checks you suggested.
First, I re-ran Get-AzVMSize against the VMs in their current configuration, after they had already been resized from Bv1 to Das_v4.
Current VM sizes are:
SRV-DC1 -> Standard_D2as_v4
SRV-NIS1 -> Standard_D4as_v4
Get-AzVMSize still returns the Dadsv5 family for both VMs, including:
Standard_D2ads_v5
Standard_D4ads_v5
I also previously checked Get-AzComputeResourceSku for France Central and both target SKUs return an empty Restrictions collection:
Standard_D2ads_v5 -> No restrictions
Standard_D4ads_v5 -> No restrictions
Finally, I checked the placement configuration of both VMs. Neither VM is associated with:
- an Availability Zone
- an Availability Set
- a Proximity Placement Group
So at this stage:
-
Get-AzVMSizelists Dadsv5 as available for both current VMs; -
Get-AzComputeResourceSkureports no subscription restriction; - there are no Zone / Availability Set / PPG placement constraints;
- but the Azure Portal Size blade still does not display Dadsv5.
Based on your explanation, would you agree that the remaining likely explanation is current Azure capacity / placement availability or an additional portal-side filtering condition?
Since you confirmed that PowerShell resize is fully supported and validated server-side, would the next reasonable step be to attempt the resize during a maintenance window to:
SRV-DC1 -> Standard_D2ads_v5
SRV-NIS1 -> Standard_D4ads_v5
and capture the Azure error / Correlation ID if the platform refuses the allocation?
I would prefer to confirm this approach before attempting it on production.
Thank you,
Sébastien