Microsoft Project Online Dekstop: problem with ressource type column

Space PMO 20 Points de réputation
2025-09-17T07:55:25.03+00:00

Hello,

I realize this might not be the ideal place to ask about Microsoft Project, but every link I’ve followed has led me back to this forum—so here I am.

Here’s the issue I’m facing: I’ve set up resources in the Resource Sheet and assigned each one a type—Material, Cost, or Work. However, when I view the Task Sheet or any Gantt Chart view, the "Resource Type" column remains blank.

The resources are properly configured and assigned to tasks, so I’m not sure what’s going wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Microsoft 365 et Office | Project | Pour les entreprises | Windows
Microsoft 365 et Office | Project | Pour les entreprises | Windows

Logiciel de gestion de projet Microsoft utilisé pour planifier, gérer et communiquer une planification de projet et d’autres informations entre les membres du groupe de travail, les responsables de projet et d’autres parties prenantes.

0 commentaires Aucun commentaire

Réponse acceptée par l’auteur(e) de la question
Vicky-I 6,345 Points de réputation Personnel externe de Microsoft Corporation Modérateur
2025-09-17T15:01:07.8+00:00

Dear @Space PMO,

Thank you for your clear follow-up and confirmed that the resource type is visible in the Task Usage view!

However, about your concern, I’m sorry to share that, as far as I know, it’s currently not possible to display the resource type directly in the Gantt or Task Sheet views, even though the column is present. This is because those views are primarily designed to list tasks and illustrate their relationships and schedules using Gantt bars. For more detailed breakdowns, especially regarding resource assignments and cost types, the Task Usage view remains the most effective option.

I completely understand how important this distinction is for your workflow, especially when you're trying to separate material costs from human costs using a custom cost column alongside the resource type. Your use case is very valid and valuable.

I strongly encourage you to submit this feedback through the Microsoft Feedback Portal. If you decide to post it publicly, feel free to share the link here and I’d be happy to vote for it, and I’m sure other users with similar needs would appreciate the opportunity to support it too.

Also, I recommend marking an Accepted Answer for now. This will pin the thread to the top, making it easier for others to find when searching with related keywords. It also helps highlight the discussion for users who might benefit from it, while keeping the thread open for further contributions.

Thanks again for raising this important topic!

Warmest Regards.

Cette réponse vous a-t-elle été utile?

0 commentaires Aucun commentaire

1 réponse supplémentaire

Trier par : Le plus utile
  1. Vicky-I 6,345 Points de réputation Personnel externe de Microsoft Corporation Modérateur
    2025-09-17T10:56:36.2633333+00:00

    Dear @Space PMO,

    Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Q&A. 

    I understand you're experiencing an issue where the Resource Type column appears blank in the Task Sheet or Gantt Chart, even though you've correctly configured and assigned resources in the Resource Sheet.

    To begin, please ensure that resources have actually been assigned to tasks. Here's a quick comparison:

    • Assigned Example: 

    Image de l’utilisateur

    • Unassigned Example: 

    Image de l’utilisateur

    Once resources are assigned, it's important to note that the Resource Type column does not automatically populate in task-based views. The type (Work, Material, Cost) is a property of the resource itself, not of the task.

    To view the resource type details within a task view, click the small triangle icon (expand button) left next to the task name. This will reveal assignment details, including the resource type.

    For example:

    Image de l’utilisateur

    We hope this clarifies the situation. I really hope this information helpful for you!

    Warm Regards.


    Si la réponse vous est utile, cliquez sur « Accepter la réponse » et votez pour elle. Si vous avez d'autres questions concernant cette réponse, cliquez sur « Commenter ».  

    Remarque : Veuillez suivre les étapes décrites dans notre documentation pour activer les notifications par e-mail afin de recevoir la notification associée à ce fil de discussion.  Image de l’utilisateur

    Cette réponse vous a-t-elle été utile?


Votre réponse

Les réponses peuvent être marquées comme « Acceptées » par l’auteur(e) de la question et « Recommandées » par les modérateurs, ce qui aide les utilisateurs à savoir que la réponse a résolu le problème de l’auteur(e).