My Account Has been hacked.

Iiro Penger 0 Mainepisteet
2026-09-20T06:14:05.61+00:00

My Windows 11 PC was infected with a virus today, and it compromised a lot of my accounts. I've managed to recover most of them, but my Microsoft account has been much harder.

I've submitted the account recovery form twice, but it doesn't give me any way to add extra context about my case, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

Here's what I have to support my case:

  • The Microsoft Authenticator app is still installed and shows notices of the email, phone number, app, and password changes made to the account (though I can't use it to sign in or reverse anything).
  • I have copies of emails from the account.
  • I also have copies of the app notices as Emails.
  • I have old Xbox Game Pass receipts, saved on my Gmail account.
  • The old recovery email still shows in the Authenticator app but is unusable — when I try to sign in, it says it can't find my account with that email.
  • I'm still signed into the account on my PC itself, even though I can't sign in fresh elsewhere.

There's a lot tied to this account and I'd really appreciate it if someone could look into this and help me get it back. Thank you.

Microsoft 365 ja Office | Tilaus, tili, laskutus | Muu | Windows
0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja

1 vastaus

Lajitteluperuste: Hyödyllisin
  1. Ian-T 13,360 Mainepisteet Microsoftin ulkoinen henkilöstö Valvoja
    2026-09-21T01:57:12.8566667+00:00

    Please note that this is Finnish Q&A Forum, any threads should be posted in Finnish. However, I will still provide an answer in English based on your initial response. 


    Hello @Iiro Penger

    I’m very sorry this happened. Since the compromise began with malware on your PC, please secure the device before attempting any further password changes. Open Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Scan options > Full scan > Scan now. Microsoft recommends completing a full scan before changing or resetting the password. How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account

    After the scan, use the Microsoft account Sign-in Helper. Enter the original email address or phone number. The tool checks the account information and may provide appropriate self-help or an available support option.

    If you are directed back to the recovery form, submit it from a familiar device, network, and location. Include previous passwords, exact email subject lines and contacts, your Xbox gamertag, subscription or billing details, and information from your receipts. Microsoft allows another submission if verification fails, up to twice per day. Recovery form guidance

    The Authenticator notices and receipts are worth preserving, but please do not post them publicly because they may contain personal or account information. Being signed in to Windows also does not allow Community contributors to inspect or restore the online account. Until important files are safely backed up, avoid signing out, removing the account, resetting Windows, or disconnecting OneDrive unnecessarily.

    Please understand that Microsoft Q&A is a public user-to-user forum. Forum moderators cannot access recovery submissions, verify screenshots or receipts, change the account alias, or reset the password. Microsoft Support agents are also not permitted to bypass verification, send reset links, or directly change account details.

    I hope the Sign-in Helper provides an available recovery or support route for your account. Thank you for your understanding and time

    Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?

    0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja

Vastauksesi

Kysymyksen tekijä voi merkitä vastauksia hyväksytyiksi ja moderaattorit suositelluiksi, mikä auttaa käyttäjiä tietämään, että vastaus on ratkaissut tekijän ongelman.