If I try to log in with my MS account in Teams, Edge, Copilot, Powerpoint and Word - login pop-up appears and disappears quickly

Henrik Ekman 0 Mainepisteet
2025-12-20T13:00:36.21+00:00

Dear All,

I would highly appreciate if someone could help me with the issue that prevents me logging in Teams, Copilot, Powerpoint and Word.

I'm running Windows 11 (upgraded from Win10 and I do have MS Office 365 family license. This has been working nicely but now suddenly:

  1. I'm not anymore logged in Edge, Teams, Copilot, Powerpoint and Word (sign in requested)
  2. I can log in / stay logged in Settings, my account and In can see my profile, credit card and my family license
  3. Every time I try to log in Teams, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook it asks my e-mail address and "loging seems to start", but a small pop-up comes and disappears rapidly. I cannot not do anyhing with it, and such pop-up always comes, stays blank, and disappears and sounds like my logging just does not happen.
  4. This also appears when I try to now Activate my Office applications (Word, Powerpoint etc)
  5. I do use so Microsoft Authenticator for my business account (different one) but my home computer does not ask any 2-phased logging on my iOS phone.
  6. In other words, I can log in to my "user account there I manage my subscription" BUT I cannot anymore log into my profile that says now "no synchronization". And feels like this issue is now related to my "profile"... I guess...
  7. I cannot really use any of Office 365 tools anymore...

Any good advice what to do with this? I'm loosing my mind with this as I cannot resolve it :-)

Microsoft 365 ja Office | Asenna, lunasta, aktivoi | Kotikäyttöön | Windows
0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja

2 vastausta

Lajitteluperuste: Hyödyllisin
  1. Henrik Ekman 0 Mainepisteet
    2025-12-23T16:19:33.18+00:00

    Dear Xavier-D,

    Thank you for your contribution and effort to help me. My case has bee solved, but it was solved before your instruction. So I did not try your instructions, but I will keep them archived if I face that later.

    I can tell how mine case was solved with help of contacting Microsoft Helpdesk team who remotely helped me. But in the end the case was solved differently they adviced:

    LIKELY THE ISSUE WAS: My account (Office 365 license or my Microsoft Account) we somehow mixed & connected to my professions/company profile that likely were at least part of the problem.

    STEPS MICROSOFT TEAM DID / ADVICED:

    1. Reinstall the Microsoft 365 family applications (all of them)
    2. Logging into my Office 365 Family was not yet successful yet at this point. The logging failed as before (login window comes and goes very quickly)
    3. Then they created a new profile on my computer - just a new login with administrative rights
    4. With the new profile open the Office applications and logging successfully into Office 365 Family
    5. THEN they asked me to transfer all "files" under "users/[old profile name] into the "users/[new profile name]. This was a massive operation, that took several hours and would lead me to a situation that I need to configure all my special programs again... and I wanted to wait before start doing it
    6. SURPRISINGLY in the next morning I just wanted to try my old login profile into my computer and I opened the Office 365 applications - in INTERESTINGLY I was able to logging all of those with my old profile and existing 365 subscription. This step was something the Microsoft Helpdesk did not propose... so I keep on using my old profile and all works.

    SO MY CONCLUSION IS:

    • This kind of thing can happen and likely a connected (even accidentially) work/school account may cause this. This is what the HelpDesk was observing
    • Before start using a new profile leading massive data transfer a re-configuration, you could do this easy thing:
      • Make sure you still have access to your Microsoft Account (that is not the same as Office 365 Family subscription)
      • Log out all of the Microsoft 365 tools (Powerpoint, Word, Edge, OneDrive) in your main profile/login in your computer
      • Reinstall the MS Office tools completely
      • Create a new login profile named "TEST" and make sure it has administrative rights on Windows. The key thing is to create a new profile for yourself with the same Microsoft login and not a new one.
      • With your new computer login profile, log in and try if you can login into all of the MS Office 365 tools. If you can, be happy and you can continue. Do not login into OneDrive (just in case you do not mess up your OneDrive). Logg off your new profile on your computer
      • Now wait - preferably few hours (like me)
      • Log in to your computer with your old profile that had the issue I had. Open the MS Office 365 applications one by one and upper right in the applications. If you can do it now - BE HAPPY. You can leave your "TEST" profile for back-up purposes.

    Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?


  2. Xavier-D 13,750 Mainepisteet Microsoftin ulkoinen henkilöstö Valvoja
    2025-12-22T09:05:17.3433333+00:00

    Hello Henrik Ekman,

    Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A forum

    I understand you suddenly can't log in to any of your Office 365 tools.

    Here are some troubleshooting steps you could try to see if it fixes your issue:

    Make sure your window, Edge and all of your Office apps are up to date with latest version

    Sign out of your Microsoft apps:

    • Open Word (or any Office app) > File > Account > Sign out (repeat in Teams/Edge if currently signed in).

    Clean the Credential Manager

    • Open Credential Manager (search “Credential Manager”) > Windows Credentials > remove entries like MicrosoftOffice16_Data:ADAL, live:###, or microsoftidentity#### if present.

    After you have cleaned the credential:

    Clear Edge cookies and caches then sign back in.

    • Edge > Settings > search for clear browsing data then clear it all, then restart Edge and sign in again.

    For Office app after you have sign out from the account you can try the repair Office method then sign back in your account, refer to here for how to do it:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/repair-an-office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

    feel free reply back to this post and update me on your situation, I'll continue to help.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".   

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?


Vastauksesi

Kysymyksen tekijä voi merkitä vastauksia hyväksytyiksi ja moderaattorit suositelluiksi, mikä auttaa käyttäjiä tietämään, että vastaus on ratkaissut tekijän ongelman.