Why can't I enable Epic Online Service in msconfig? (anything for that matter)

Anonyymi
2022-11-08T15:59:33+00:00

At one point when epic games was working as intended, I have disabled epic online service in msconfig before to save cpu usage (issue of the past). After this, I haven't been able to enter epic games launcher at all. When I try to open epic games launcher, I am greeted with a screen saying that my connection with epic is lost or a loop of "preparing epic games launcher" (this is why i believe it's due to epic online service). I have tried to enable epic online service in task manager and msconfig, but it just doesn't do anything. Neither does any other program disable or enable if I try.

I have installed a new 5600X just before I got this issue, but I don't think that's causing the problem. Also every other program hasn't had any connection issues, so it's not my internet.

(PC specs: Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX 2060, 16GB 3200MHZ RAM, 1.5TB of SSD storage (of which 250GB free), Windows 11 with 100mbps ehternet.

Windows kotikäyttäjille | Windows 11 | Pelaaminen

Lukittu kysymys. Tämä kysymys on siirretty Microsoft-tukiyhteisöstä. Voit äänestää sen hyödyllisyydestä mutta et voi lisätä kommentteja tai vastauksia tai seurata kysymystä.

0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja
Kysymyksen esittäjä on hyväksynyt vastauksen
Rodrigo Queiroz 78,725 Mainepisteet Riippumaton neuvonantaja
2022-11-10T00:27:10+00:00

The services are not connecting to their respective services, let's try to change DNS settings to solve these connection issues.

Right-click the network icon on the taskbar > Open Network & Internet settings > Change adapter options > Right-click the network adapter > Properties > Double click Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and set it this way:

Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?

1 henkilö piti tätä vastausta hyödyllisenä.
0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja

4 lisävastausta

Lajitteluperuste: Hyödyllisin
  1. Rodrigo Queiroz 78,725 Mainepisteet Riippumaton neuvonantaja
    2022-11-10T21:04:51+00:00

    Great! I'm so glad that I was able to help you, now you can play your games

    Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?

    0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja
  2. Anonyymi
    2022-11-10T19:07:01+00:00

    Hi Rodrigo!

    It worked! Thank you so much! I very much appreciate the work you do for us.

    Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?

    0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja
  3. Anonyymi
    2022-11-09T10:31:47+00:00

    Hey Rodrigo

    I reinstalled Epic Games Launcher and it started downloading a 500mb update. After the update it started preparing the launcher, but then i got an error code. (screenshot below). When I press ok, I get the same connection error as before.

    Here is some troubleshooting stuff when I enter the launcher settings in offline mode. Can't see any of my games in offline mode.

    Picture in text

    { "EndPointResults": [ { "Type": "Endpoint", "Result": "Failed", "Code": "TS-NC-0001", "Desc": "Backend Connectivity Tests for https://account-public-service-prod03.ol.epicgames.com" }, { "Type": "Endpoint", "Result": "Passed", "Code": "", "Desc": "Backend Connectivity Tests for https://launcher-public-service-prod06.ol.epicgames.com" }, { "Type": "Endpoint", "Result": "Failed", "Code": "TS-NC-0001", "Desc": "Backend Connectivity Tests for https://catalog-public-service-prod06.ol.epicgames.com" }, { "Type": "Endpoint", "Result": "Passed", "Code": "", "Desc": "Backend Connectivity Tests for https://entitlement-public-service-prod08.ol.epicgames.com" }, { "Type": "Endpoint", "Result": "Failed", "Code": "TS-NC-0001", "Desc": "Backend Connectivity Tests for https://priceengine-public-service-ecomprod01.ol.epicgames.com" }, { "Type": "Endpoint", "Result": "Failed", "Code": "TS-NC-0001", "Desc": "Backend Connectivity Tests for https://lightswitch-public-service-prod06.ol.epicgames.com" }, { "Type": "Endpoint", "Result": "Passed", "Code": "", "Desc": "Backend Connectivity Tests for https://eulatracking-public-service-prod06.ol.epicgames.com" }, { "Type": "Endpoint", "Result": "Failed", "Code": "TS-NC-0001", "Desc": "Backend Connectivity Tests for https://friends-public-service-prod06.ol.epicgames.com" }, { "Type": "Endpoint", "Result": "Passed", "Code": "", "Desc": "Backend Connectivity Tests for https://epicgames.com" }, { "Type": "Endpoint", "Result": "Passed", "Code": "", "Desc": "Backend Connectivity Tests for https://ue-launcher-website-prod.ol.epicgames.com/" }, { "Type": "Endpoint", "Result": "Passed", "Code": "", "Desc": "Backend Connectivity Tests for https://launcher.store.epicgames.com/" } ], "MinimumSpecResults": [ { "Type": "Processor", "Result": "Passed", "Code": "", "Desc": "CPU: 2 Cores" }, { "Type": "Memory", "Result": "Passed", "Code": "", "Desc": "RAM: 2GB" }, { "Type": "Graphics Device", "Result": "Passed", "Code": "", "Desc": "GPU: GeForce 5, Radeon 9000, Intel HD Graphics" }, { "Type": "Operating System", "Result": "Passed", "Code": "", "Desc": "OS: Windows 7 (or similar)" } ], "RecommendedSpecResults": [ { "Type": "Processor", "Result": "Passed", "Code": "", "Desc": "CPU: 4 Cores" }, { "Type": "Memory", "Result": "Passed", "Code": "", "Desc": "RAM: 4GB" }, { "Type": "Graphics Device", "Result": "Passed", "Code": "", "Desc": "GPU: GeForce 400, Radeon HD 5000, Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500" }, { "Type": "Operating System", "Result": "Passed", "Code": "", "Desc": "OS: Windows 7 (or similar)" } ] }

    Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?

    0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja
  4. Rodrigo Queiroz 78,725 Mainepisteet Riippumaton neuvonantaja
    2022-11-08T19:39:33+00:00

    Hi Megakillerburger1234,

    I'm Rodrigo and I will help you.

    Uninstall and install again the Epic Games Launcher to restore the Epic Online Services

    Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?

    0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja