Display language keeps changing on restart

Anonyymi
2024-06-02T16:31:41+00:00

I have officially lost my mind with the language settings. It originally took me hours to change from English to Finnish on my keyboard, apps and regional formatting. So far those three have remained as I had them set, but the display language keeps resetting to English (US) after restart - which for most part are not on purpose.

Additionally, the language pack for Finnish appears to get deleted as it claims to have one available - however, downloading one just makes it appear within seconds hence I think it hasn't actually been deleted, it just thinks so. I try to click to download it again, it says it's done, but after changing the page in the settings it appears as "downloadable" again.

I have deleted the English language pack and every other language pack outside of Finnish, and I'm officially at a loss. Please help before I toss my PC out the window.

Windows kotikäyttäjille | Windows 11 | Syötteet ja kieli

Lukittu kysymys. Tämä kysymys on siirretty Microsoft-tukiyhteisöstä. Voit äänestää sen hyödyllisyydestä mutta et voi lisätä kommentteja tai vastauksia tai seurata kysymystä.

0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja

1 vastaus

Lajitteluperuste: Hyödyllisin
  1. Anonyymi
    2024-06-02T19:42:35+00:00

    Hi, Frustrated. I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem, and I hope I can assist you to find a satisfactory solution.

    I'll give you some checks to do:

    Set Finnish as the Default Display Language

    Open Settings:

    Press Win + I to open the Settings app.

    Go to Time & Language:

    Navigate to "Time & Language" > "Language."

    Add Finnish Language Pack (if not already added):

    Click "Add a language" and search for "Finnish."

    Select "Suomi" (Finnish) and click "Next."

    Ensure "Set as my display language" is checked, then click "Install."

    Set Finnish as Default:

    If Finnish is already added, click on it and select "Options."

    Make sure the "Set as display language" option is enabled.

    Check Language for Welcome Screen and New User Accounts

    Advanced Settings:

    In the same "Language" settings page, on the right pane, click on "Administrative language settings."

    Copy Settings:

    In the "Region" dialog, go to the "Administrative" tab.

    Click "Copy settings."

    Ensure the checkboxes for "Welcome screen and system accounts" and "New user accounts" are both checked.

    Click "OK."

    Remove Other Language Packs

    Open Language Settings:

    Go back to "Time & Language" > "Language."

    Remove Unwanted Language Packs:

    Remove any languages ​​other than Finnish.

    Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?

    0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja