Greetings.
I run on win 8.1. I have not had any major issues - but yesterday my computer started to steal focus away from my favorite game. I play in a clan and need this to stop immediately because it really messes up real time situations on the field - besides it
is annoying as hell. I say that it is my computer doing it because there is
NO IMMEDIATE CULPRIT. Computer is running without any lag or such - no sign of extra new program running beneath.
S **hort and simple: While playing WOT (world of tanks) and running the Razer Comms on the side to talk with the clan - suddenly - no matter weather I am in my tank garage or on active battle field the focus may be stolen on to DESKTOP.**Now gaming does rise the computer temperature some - but this focus stealing has never happen before. I have no idea how to make this stop. I did try even to make WOT high priority - but no change - it still is stealing focus back to desktop.
I have tried to google for help. Some people have had issues with something called Akamai NetSession Client. I find those two running in there - but when I turn them off from active - the issue with focus stealing to desktop remains.
Prior:
There is nothing out of ordinary about having had my graphics card update. Graphics card: Nvidia - GeForce GTX 880M (versio 364.72)....
How ever it was bit weird what happen - when trying to log in on skype page to add some founds for a call. I think the focus stealing started to happen after though - cause I made my call before starting to play. In other words I started a skype webpage
login by typing my e-maill on the first line of login info needed. When I tried to move with my mouse the cursor for the pass word line - with out ANY click anywhere - it suddenly started the login progress before even having written the pass word. That is
odd. It did it again, later on when trying again - as I did not do at that time. My call went through at the same time and somehow it completely stalled the google chrome.. the window vanished. Now that seems to me as a problem with skype web page login or
google for all I know. Besides I do not keep my Skype open while gaming. I did find some few 'invisible' googles open later when I was looking for the reason for this focus stealing. I of course closed those and
for a test some other pages. The second program I run at the same time with WOT (world of tanks) - is Razer Comms - it is similar to team speak for all I know. (It has sometimes the trouble that you will not hear everyone even though they hear you - but generally
I have not had those issues that much and the solution is just to restart it.) Mind you - with this focus stealing -
I have tried closing it completely
and some few other program that are running beneath which are not usually any issue at all.
Not a single of those attempts to line out the reason, the 'culprit' have helped. I have googled about this issue and FIND nothing that actually match the situation - but my knowledge about the guts of computers do not match my gaming
history (lol). In other words I am out of my ability to understand what I can do and where to find more of those things which I should try (I mean with-in the computer). Other than that - my F-secure (which is up to date) has blocked some kind of a virus and
I found some pups with malevarebytes - full scan - those all have been removed - none was classified acute and the problem of focus stealing still exists. I have even closed my computer after - of course. Slept over a night.
One odd thing more. While all this started to happen I also of course tried to re-start WOT. I landed on having to actually write my log-in info again - password and all - for the game. (Usually it is saved on start up screen.) When it started I had suddenly
a new those in-game commercial and info popup windows about certain things that WOT usually shows you only one time. Point is I had already seen them and closed them. It does not show same things twice. I had to reset completely all the sounds cause they were
set to standard 100 - which will break your ears. Not just sounds - the map was missing from corner of in-battle screen and set to minimum size when I pushed the button to get it back. The starting screen for all battles was suddenly set into a different type
of view than before. In fact it was like there had been some kind of update that re-set almost everything - apart from the most basic settings like the way your aiming circle looks like. That was still the way I set it - as was the new way I recently chose
to view my tanks by countries. Yet at the same time I had to even re-set some of my key functions that had existed there already for ages. I do not understand why this happen and does it even have anything to do with the Focus Stealing. More so it just seems
like a game-related thing. Maybe they had a micro-update.. or who knows - all though my clan mates did not have any similar issues. I thought only after first writing all this to add.. I DO NOT use any mods even though some people play WOT with mods. I do
not.
Prior to this I have recently had only the issue that I want a button on the update thingy for win 10 to decline. I do not want it because it would result to me not being able to use many other program which I do use - and it is annoying how it keeps popping
up with the 'commercial windows' saying that it would 'fit my computer' (just not my programs). I even found the 'active function to have the icon for it down right screen' and stopped the progress. It of course is back there now after restarting the computer
:( - but that aside - when inactivated it does not seem like the reason for this focus stealing either - no matter how annoying it is.
Focus is stolen to my computer desktop weather it is on or not.
**You need to be really precise about your possible steps and ideas about how to fix this.**I will have a lot of trouble finding the right folders or paths to where ever I must look inside my computer because of language issues. My tongue is filled with synonyms and I have no idea which ones the computer uses for anything I will try
to translate from English. (I am Finnish and my computer is in Finn.)
System: (Some words are in Finn, but it should be readable anyways, added some bad 'translations'.)
Käyttöjärjestelmä Microsoft Windows 8.1
Versio 6.3.9600 Koontikäännös 9600
Järjestelmän malli G750JZ
Järjestelmän tyyppi x64-based PC
Järjestelmän varastointiyksikkö ASUS-NotebookSKU
Suoritin Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 ydin(tä), 8 loogista suoritinta (logig processors)
BIOS-versio/päiväys American Megatrends Inc. G750JZ.205, 20.2.2014
SMBIOS-versio 2.7
Embedded Controller -versio 255.255
BIOS-malli UEFI (bios model)
BaseBoard-valmistaja ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
...
HAL-taso Versio = "6.3.9600.17196"
Asennettu fyysinen muisti (RAM) 8,00 Gt
Fyysistä muistia yhteensä 7,88 Gt (physical.. all together)
Fyysistä muistia vapaana 5,15 Gt (physical.. free)
Näennäismuistia yhteensä 9,84 Gt (apparent.. all together)
Näennäismuistia vapaana 6,87 Gt (apparent.. free)
Sivutustiedoston tila 1,95 Gt ('condition of side file')
Hymm.. NOTE: My SSD is Samsung Magician 4 - I think it was called a pro-version when it was bought. It has run perfectly ever since it was installed to replace an old one - which was from different
source and broke before passing the time of getting it done for free, but I did have a bit better one installed while at it. I do not think it has nothing to do with this issue because the change of SSD has happen several months ago. And as we are at it the
program for my SSD drive shows all functions doing well in green.
Additionally - I have even applied extra cooling for my computer and the focus is still stolen. In fact I have taken care to not push windows button or anything else to cause this. I do not know what to do. It would be maybe easier if there was some actually
existing program which I could find running that should not be on at the same time - but as far as I can find anything there is no such a thing. I do not eve have things like Over Wolf on.
Thank You,
Soile