Microsoft 365 tenant Lockout

Silvio Lucano Coronado Trenti 0 Puntos de reputación
2026-09-18T18:35:16.75+00:00

I am the authorized owner of the Microsoft 365 Business tenant for Lago Legal. I have an active and paid Microsoft 365 Business Standard subscription, but I no longer know/have access to the Global Administrator username and therefore cannot access the Microsoft 365 Admin Center to assign the license. I have already tried Microsoft telephone support, but the automated system did not allow me to open the required recovery case. I can provide proof of ownership, billing information, invoices, order information and the Tenant ID through a private message. Please help me open a support ticket and escalate this case to the Microsoft Data Protection / Tenant Recovery Team. Please contact me through private message for the tenant information.

Microsoft 365 y Office | Access | Para el negocio | Windows
0 comentarios No hay comentarios

1 respuesta

Ordenar por: Lo más útil
  1. Kai-L 20,020 Puntos de reputación Personal externo de Microsoft Moderador
    2026-09-18T20:09:02.7666667+00:00

    As your issue description is primarily written in English, I will provide my response in English for your convenience. Please feel free to let me know if you would prefer the information in another language.  

    Dear Silvio,

    I'm sorry to hear that you are locked out of the administrator account. I understand how urgent this can be when the account is needed to manage your organization's Microsoft 365 services. As a forum moderator, I genuinely wish I could directly reset the MFA method on your account for you. Unfortunately, my role here is limited to providing general guidance and steps you can apply from your side. I am not able to identify or recover your Global Administrator account, create a support request, or escalate your case to the Microsoft Data Protection team on your behalf. That said, I will do my best to provide a clear path forward. 

    For business accounts, the best way to reach Data protection team is by phone. You can refer to this article to see the customer support phone number for your region. 

    Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support 

    Here are some tips and a sample response to help you navigate the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system more effectively: 

    In some countries the call is handled by an automated system, which tends to cut people off if the answers do not match what it expects. Here is a flow that generally works better: 

    IVR: What kind of problem do you have? 

    You: Account recovery

    IVR: What kind of product do you use? 

    You: Office 365 for business. 

    IVR confirmation: education or business account?  

    You: For Business 

    IVR: Are you an administrator? 

    You: Yes. 

    IVR: Is there another administrator in your organization? 

    You: No. 

    IVR: Do you need a... service request? 

    You: Yes, please connect me with the Data Protection team. 

    Kindly note that you may need to repeat this process a few times, availability can vary based on local business hours, and the term "Global Admin" should be clearly mentioned during the call. 

    Alternatively, if reaching support by phone is not possible, you can also create a free trial tenant and submit your request from there. To set up a new tenant, follow these steps: 

    Visit the Office 365 Enterprise plan and pricing comparison page, choose Basic plan, and click "Try for free" to start a free trial. 

    Follow the guided setup process to create your new trial account. 

    Once the new tenant is created, you should be able to access your support portal and submit your ticket. 

    Sign in to the Microsoft 365 admin center 

    Go to Show All > Support > New Service Request. 

    In the request, explain your situation in detail. Include the original Tenant ID and company information, and explain that you can provide billing and ownership verification when requested.

    The support team will guide you through the identity verification process to help you regain access to your account. 

    Important Notes: 

    This new test tenant doesn't give you access to your original locked tenant's data or settings. It only serves as a temporary means of contacting Microsoft support. 

    Be prepared for Microsoft to want to verify your identity and admin privileges from the previous tenant. 

    The processing time may be longer due to contacting support from another tenant. 

    Remember to cancel the trial subscription as soon as your original account is restored to avoid unwanted charges. 

     

    I truly hope you get this resolved swiftly. Please know that even though I cannot directly intervene, pointing you toward the correct, specialized support is genuinely the most effective help I can offer from my position. Please let me know if you need anything else. Wishing you all the best. 


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".  

    Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    ¿Le resultó útil esta respuesta?

    0 comentarios No hay comentarios

Su respuesta

Las respuestas pueden ser marcadas como Respuestas aceptadas por el autor de la pregunta, lo que indica a los usuarios que la respuesta resolvió su problema.