Hello,
I need to request an email sending quota increase for our Azure Communication Services resource. I followed the process described in the official article (Email quota increase), which instructs to open a support ticket. However, when I navigate to my resource → Help + Support → New support request → problem type "Email service assistance / Quota increase", the portal only shows me the same article as the solution and does not present the option to create the ticket. I have tried from two different subscriptions with the same result.
Because I cannot open the ticket through the standard flow, I am posting here as instructed by the "Prioritized technical support in Microsoft Q&A" panel that the portal itself surfaces.
Resource details
- Resource name:
acs-mailing-cloudcsp
- Type: Microsoft.Communication/CommunicationServices
- Data location: United States
- Immutable resource ID:
368b30fd-d996-4f54-9d58-0edb520a1056
- Custom domain (fully verified with SPF, DKIM, DMARC):
aimejillones.cl
- Mail-tester.com reputation score: 9.1/10
Use case Monthly institutional newsletter for aiMejillones (Mejillones, Antofagasta Region, Chile), sent to a proprietary opt-in contact list. Current active recipients: ~484. Expected growth: 500–1000 over the next 6–12 months. Frequency: one send per month.
Requested limits
- 100 messages per minute
- 2,000 messages per hour
- 5,000 messages per day
Compliance
- All recipients are on our own opt-in list (no purchased data, no scraping).
- Every message includes RFC 8058-compliant
List-Unsubscribe and List-Unsubscribe-Post: List-Unsubscribe=One-Click headers, plus a visible unsubscribe link in the body.
- Unsubscribes automatically flag the contact as inactive in our database and exclude them from all further sends.
- Per-campaign send errors are logged so problematic addresses can be identified and corrected.
Context on recent metric spike The "Email Service API Requests" metric for the resource shows recent bursts followed by immediate drop-offs, which correlate with client-side timeouts inside our Function App while awaiting ACS beginSend / pollUntilDone responses. A test message sent on July 29, 2026 was in fact delivered by ACS, but the confirmation callback exceeded our 30–60 second client timeout and was recorded as failed. We interpret this as resource-level throttling under default quota, not deliverability issues on the recipient side. Once the quota is raised we expect the effective failure rate to drop below the 2% threshold.
Could a Microsoft engineer please escalate this request internally to the Azure Communication Services team so the quota can be reviewed and increased?
Thank you.Hello,
I need to request an email sending quota increase for our Azure Communication Services resource. I followed the process described in the official article (Email quota increase), which instructs to open a support ticket. However, when I navigate to my resource → Help + Support → New support request → problem type "Email service assistance / Quota increase", the portal only shows me the same article as the solution and does not present the option to create the ticket. I have tried from two different subscriptions with the same result.
Because I cannot open the ticket through the standard flow, I am posting here as instructed by the "Prioritized technical support in Microsoft Q&A" panel that the portal itself surfaces.
Resource details
- Resource name:
acs-mailing-cloudcsp
- Type: Microsoft.Communication/CommunicationServices
- Data location: United States
- Immutable resource ID:
368b30fd-d996-4f54-9d58-0edb520a1056
- Custom domain (fully verified with SPF, DKIM, DMARC):
aimejillones.cl
- Mail-tester.com reputation score: 9.1/10
Use case
Monthly institutional newsletter for aiMejillones (Mejillones, Antofagasta Region, Chile), sent to a proprietary opt-in contact list. Current active recipients: ~484. Expected growth: 500–1000 over the next 6–12 months. Frequency: one send per month.
Requested limits
- 100 messages per minute
- 2,000 messages per hour
- 5,000 messages per day
Compliance
- All recipients are on our own opt-in list (no purchased data, no scraping).
- Every message includes RFC 8058-compliant
List-Unsubscribe and List-Unsubscribe-Post: List-Unsubscribe=One-Click headers, plus a visible unsubscribe link in the body.
- Unsubscribes automatically flag the contact as inactive in our database and exclude them from all further sends.
- Per-campaign send errors are logged so problematic addresses can be identified and corrected.
Context on recent metric spike
The "Email Service API Requests" metric for the resource shows recent bursts followed by immediate drop-offs, which correlate with client-side timeouts inside our Function App while awaiting ACS beginSend / pollUntilDone responses. A test message sent on July 29, 2026 was in fact delivered by ACS, but the confirmation callback exceeded our 30–60 second client timeout and was recorded as failed. We interpret this as resource-level throttling under default quota, not deliverability issues on the recipient side. Once the quota is raised we expect the effective failure rate to drop below the 2% threshold.
Could a Microsoft engineer please escalate this request internally to the Azure Communication Services team so the quota can be reviewed and increased?
Thank you.