Domain shows "Expired" due to failed payment, cannot add new payment method, phone support line not recognized

FELIX CALVO ROMANO 0 Puntos de reputación
2026-09-24T17:17:29.3966667+00:00

Body:

I purchased a .co.uk domain directly within my Microsoft 365 Business Basic subscription a few days ago. It now shows as "Expired" under Settings > Domains, apparently due to a failed renewal payment.

I have active mailboxes on this domain and have already sent business emails to clients from it, so I do NOT want to remove the domain (I understand that removing it triggers a 2-60 day lock before it can be repurchased).

I've tried adding two different payment cards to fix this, and both fail with a generic "please check your details" error, even though the card details are correct. I suspect the issue is with my billing profile or a temporary account restriction, not the cards themselves.

I also tried calling the official Microsoft 365 support phone number for my country, but the automated system said my line was not recognized in their system.

Could someone from Microsoft Support please help reactivate billing for this domain without removing it from my tenant? This is urgent as clients cannot currently reach me at this email address. Thank you.

Microsoft 365 y Office | Suscripción, cuenta y facturación | Para el negocio | Android
0 comentarios No hay comentarios

1 respuesta

Ordenar por: Muy útil
  1. Jay1 Tran 1,700 Puntos de reputación Asesor independiente
    2026-09-24T17:33:59.2466667+00:00

    As your issue description is primarily written in English, I will provide my response in English for your convenience. Please feel free to let me know if you would prefer the information in another language. 

    Hi FELIX,

    Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your experience in detailed.

    Since the issue persists after changing your payment method, and you have been unable to reach a live agent through the regional support hotline, I recommend submitting a support request directly to the Microsoft Billing team through the Microsoft 365 admin center. The Billing team is best equipped to investigate subscription charges, invoices, declined payments, and other payment-related issues.

    For instructions on creating a support request, please refer to the following article: Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn. 

    I hope your issue gets resolved soon. Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

    Wishing you a great day ahead.

    ¿Le ha resultado útil esta respuesta?

    0 comentarios No hay comentarios

Su respuesta

Las respuestas pueden ser marcadas como "Aceptadas" por el autor de la pregunta y "Recomendadas" por los moderadores, lo que ayuda a los usuarios a saber que la respuesta ha resuelto el problema del autor.