Unable to delete orphaned Entra ID tenant created by myself – lost admin permissions

Luis De Andrade 0 Puntos de reputación
2026-05-15T14:51:42.2366667+00:00

I created an Azure / Entra ID tenant around 2 years ago using my organization’s corporate email address for internal testing purposes.

Now I am trying to permanently delete this tenant because it is causing constant conflicts with Microsoft Teams and authentication flows. However, I discovered that my account no longer has Global Administrator permissions, even though I was the original creator of the tenant.

At this point:

  • My account appears only as “Member”
  • I cannot leave the organization because it is marked as my home tenant
  • I cannot assign roles
  • I cannot delete users
  • I cannot delete the tenant
  • There are no visible administrators in the tenant

I have already tried multiple recovery approaches:

  • Associating the tenant with subscriptions
  • Accessing through Entra Admin Center
  • Microsoft 365 Admin Center
  • Azure Portal
  • Attempting to recover administrative access
  • Reviewing tenant deletion requirements

According to Microsoft documentation, the only apparent recovery option is taking ownership of the domain again, but that does not solve my actual problem.

I do NOT want to recover or manage this tenant anymore. I simply want to permanently remove/delete the orphaned tenant that I originally created.

Honestly, it is extremely frustrating that a tenant created by myself can become impossible to remove and continue causing authentication and Teams conflicts years later.

Has anyone experienced this situation before? Is there any supported way to:

  • force-delete the tenant,
  • remove my account from the tenant,
  • or completely detach my corporate email from this orphaned Entra ID organization?

Any urgent help would be greatly appreciated.

Azure Load Testing
Azure Load Testing

Servicio de Azure que permite a los desarrolladores y evaluadores generar información sobre cómo mejorar el rendimiento, la escalabilidad y el uso de la capacidad de las aplicaciones.

0 comentarios No hay comentarios

1 respuesta

Ordenar por: Muy útil
  1. Deleted

    Esta respuesta se ha eliminado debido a una infracción del Código de Conducta. La respuesta se informó o identificó manualmente a través de la detección automatizada antes de que se realizara la acción. Consulte nuestro Código de Conducta para obtener más información.


    Los comentarios se han desactivado. Más información

Su respuesta

Las respuestas pueden ser marcadas como "Aceptadas" por el autor de la pregunta y "Recomendadas" por los moderadores, lo que ayuda a los usuarios a saber que la respuesta ha resuelto el problema del autor.