How can I fix the issue where I cannot edit or create new files in shared SharePoint folders from the Windows 11 desktop?

Juan Manuel 0 Puntos de reputación
2025-12-04T06:39:39.2633333+00:00

For the past few days, all of us who work in a shared SharePoint folder have been unable to modify or create files from the access we use to work on the Windows 11 desktop. However, if we access through the web application, we have no problem modifying and creating files.

Microsoft 365 y Office | SharePoint | Para el negocio | Windows
0 comentarios No hay comentarios

1 respuesta

Ordenar por: Muy útil
  1. Anónimas
    2025-12-04T10:32:38.7666667+00:00

    Dear @Juan Manuel,

    Good day! Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum! 

    Based on your description, I understand that you (and some other people) are experiencing an issue where editing or creating new files in shared SharePoint folders isn’t possible from the Windows 11 desktop, even though everything works fine through the web app. You’d like guidance on how to resolve this.

    I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

    To understand the situation better and provide you with the most suitable support, could you confirm the following information: 

    • Is this affecting all users working in the same shared library or only some?
    • You mentioned not being able to modify or create new files in the shared SharePoint folder, when you tried to make changes or add a file, what exactly happened? Did you see an error message or did nothing occur?
    • Do issues mainly affect Office files (Word/Excel/PowerPoint), OneNote notebooks, etc.?
    • Does it only happen to Site members or also Site owner? If Site owner is not affected, can they reproduce the problem locally?

    Your confirmation would be very helpful in ensuring you receive the most suitable support!

    Regarding this situation, I have tested on my end and I didn't encounter the same issue.

    I am the Site owner, after "adding shortcut to OneDrive" for the Documents folder, I created a new Word file in that folder in File Explorer/Windows 11 desktop:

    Imagen del usuario

    I also asked a Site member to create another Word file in the folder:

    Imagen del usuario

    I could also see the changes in the web:

    Imagen del usuario

    In the meantime, kindly try the following suggestions to check what might have caused the issue:

    Kindly let me know when there are updates or if you need further assistance. Any updates you’re able to share would be really helpful. I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing how things are going! 

    Thank you for your time and patience.


    If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment". 

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

    ¿Le ha resultado útil esta respuesta?


Su respuesta

Las respuestas pueden ser marcadas como "Aceptadas" por el autor de la pregunta y "Recomendadas" por los moderadores, lo que ayuda a los usuarios a saber que la respuesta ha resuelto el problema del autor.