Hello Microsoft Support Team,
I am the administrator of an active Microsoft Azure / Entra ID tenant associated with a paid Azure subscription.
After replacing my iPhone, I lost access to my previous Microsoft Authenticator MFA registration. I can successfully authenticate using my Microsoft account credentials, but when attempting to access my original Azure tenant, Microsoft requires Authenticator verification that I cannot complete.
Current situation:
My Microsoft Authenticator on the new iPhone does not generate a verification code or receive approval notifications for the affected Azure directory.
The only alternative sign-in options offered are Authenticator approval and verification code. Neither works.
Attempting to re-register Microsoft Authenticator requires the existing MFA verification, creating an authentication loop.
I can see the original Azure directory, but switching to it triggers the same MFA challenge.
I have attempted Microsoft Support and Azure support channels but have been unable to resolve the issue.
My developer still has access to the Azure environment, although we are checking whether his permissions allow him to reset my authentication methods.
Assistance requested:
I need to recover administrator access to my original Azure tenant without losing any subscriptions, virtual machines, data, or existing resources.
Could a Microsoft moderator please advise how to open or escalate a case to the Microsoft Entra ID Data Protection / Tenant Recovery team for administrator MFA recovery?
I can provide proof of tenant ownership, Azure billing invoices, subscription details, and identity verification privately through an official Microsoft support channel.
This issue is affecting the administration of our production Azure environment.
Thank you for your assistance.