LOST OUTLOOK EMAILS DUE TO INSTALLATION OF NEW OS ON APPLE MACBOOK PRO

Mark Thomas 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T00:27:22.7133333+00:00
  1. ALL EMAILS ON MY MICROSOFT OUTLOOK ACCOUNT HAVE GONE. I CANNOT FIND THEM.
  2. THIS HAS OCCURRED AT THE SAME TIME AS I HAVE INSTALLED AN UPDATED OS SYSTEM ON MY MACBOOK PRO- NAMELY GOLDEN GATE 26.1.
  3. HOW CAN I GET MY EMAILS BACK?
Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft 365 Defender | For home | MacOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Francisco Montilla 31,000 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-09T03:30:29.78+00:00

    Hello Mark,

    Let's figure out where those emails went because a standard OS update normally won't wipe your mail out of thin air if it is synced to the cloud. I just have a few quick questions to diagnose this properly.

    What kind of email account do you have linked to Outlook? I need to know if it is a Microsoft account like Outlook.com or Exchange, or if you are using POP or IMAP from another provider.

    Also look at the top right of your Outlook window or in the Outlook menu at the top of your screen. Do you see a toggle or checkmark for New Outlook and is it turned on right now? The app sometimes switches over to the new version automatically and that version temporarily hides any local folders saved directly on your computer.

    Lastly did you just run the standard upgrade through your Mac system settings or did you do a completely clean install wiping the hard drive for the new Golden Gate OS?

    Let me know those details and we will go from there to get your stuff back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.