A community member has associated this post with a similar question:
Emails are not sending

Only moderators can edit this content.

My outlook is completely broken

Lisa M 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T18:23:00.3266667+00:00

I woke up on September 26 to a completely broken MS Outlook. It stopped receiving emails and it stopped sending emails. When I send an email it appears in sent items and goes nowhere. I don't get any error messages or any indication why it is not sending. It is NOT stuck in my outbox. I have restored, reinstalled, repaired, created rules, deleted them, checked EVERY setting using support. I have spent 11 days with Online support and it has gone nowhere. The issue has progressed ... I am no longer able to get online support from the help option in outlook. When I try I get an error message indicating it is blocked. I am so frustrated with the ongoing lack of support from Microsoft. I had an agent remote on and after 45 minutes of him changing things, tweaking things etc he said "You will just have to wait" I am unclear what I am to wait for and that was a week ago. I am forced to use it to operate my computer but it is malfunctioning and I am not able to get any support. Every time I try to get to the right support agent I never do. They send me instructions on how to contact MS 365 outlook support buy my computer blocks me EVERY way I try. I have answered the support agents online questions a million times and then after answering them I am told the agent I have is not the right one. I have gone in this circle since September 25. I cannot believe this company forces this product down our throats and throws us off the boat when the product stops working. I tried to phone them today. Big suprize - it refers me to the web THERE IS NO PHONE SUPPORT. So it seems there is absolutely ZERO support for me and this issue with Outlook MS 365 and support.

User's image

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Chloe-V 13,800 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-09T02:09:19.6166667+00:00

    Hi @Lisa M

    I’m sorry you’ve had to spend so much time trying to resolve this, especially after repeated support contacts without a clear explanation or resolution.

    Since messages appear in Sent Items but are not delivered, incoming mail has also stopped, and repairing or reinstalling Outlook did not resolve the issue, this may not be limited to the Outlook desktop application. Please first sign in to Outlook on the web and send a test message to another email address, then reply to that test message from the other account.

    If the same issue occurs on the web, please check your Microsoft 365 subscription and mailbox storage, then review whether the account is restricted or whether a service issue is reported in the Microsoft 365 Service health portal. If Outlook on the web works normally, remove and re-add the account in a new Outlook profile rather than reinstalling the application again.

    Because the Help option is now showing that support is blocked, please take a screenshot of that message and include it when contacting Microsoft Support through a browser. Also provide the exact account type, whether Outlook on the web can send and receive, and whether senders receive a non-delivery report.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas only.


    Since this is a public forum, we will hide your personal identifiable information, and I have sent that image of yours containing your personal identifiable information in a private message so we can work together to resolve the issue. Also, please check your private message in case you want to share another screenshot to avoid leaking your PII by click on the Private Message button as show below

    User's image

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.