Unable to access 'Install Office' screen on Work account

Daniel Morris 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T13:30:42.5733333+00:00

Hi,

I am having an issue where I sign into my work account to gain access to the 'Install desktop apps' page, however, when I do this it takes me to portal . microsoft . com (I left spaces in case it causes issues), but the page doesn't load correctly and I'm not able to click the 'Install office' button.

I have tried multiple web browsers and devices, incognito windows and different networks and the same issue persists. I have included a screenshot of the issue below.

Screenshot 2026-10-08 130106

I have asked my other colleagues to try and access the same page and they also have the same issue so I believe this may be a current issue that I wanted to report.

Any assistance with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For education | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ruby Nguyen 3,045 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-08T14:32:19.6533333+00:00

    Good day Daniel, 

    I truly appreciate the time and effort you’ve already put into troubleshooting this issue. From what you've described, you’ve completed all the appropriate end-user troubleshooting steps, and since your colleagues are experiencing the same issue, this may not be related to your individual account or device.

    At this time, I’ve reviewed the advisories and incidents listed in the Microsoft 365 admin center and didn't find any related notifications. However, this doesn't necessarily mean the issue doesn't exist, as it may currently affect only a small number of users and hasn't yet been widely reported to Microsoft. 

    • As the next best step, I strongly recommend contacting your IT administrator to submit a support ticket through the Microsoft 365 admin center > Support > Help & Support for further investigation.  In case you do not know who is your IT admin, kindly refer to this article: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support  
    • Turn off the "Support Assistant" feature.     
    • Use the keyword "Support" to quickly bypass automated suggestions > Select Contact Support.   

    User's image

    • In the ticket description, please clearly describe the issue, including any error messages and the steps you’ve already tried. They can also attach screenshots or screen recordings.   
    • Additionally, sharing their preferred contact times may help the support team handle the case more efficiently.      

    A Microsoft technical support engineer can conduct a remote session to review the issue in detail, validate backend configurations, and run any required synchronization or diagnostic tools. If necessary, the case can be escalated to a specialized team for more in‑depth analysis and resolution.  

    I would like to clarify that my role is limited to sharing public documentation, testing observations and general troubleshooting guidance. I don't have access to internal diagnostic tools, engineering backlogs, or build level investigations. Because of that, I am not able to confirm whether this behavior is linked to a known product issue or bug.    

    Also, as many members of the community may not yet be aware of this behavior. Sharing or highlighting this response can help bring greater visibility to the issue, making it easier for others who are experiencing similar challenges to find relevant information and support.     

    If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out at any time. 

    Thank you for your patience and understanding. 


    If you have any extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".            

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.