Unable to access or reset existing Microsoft 365 Developer subscription

André Andersen 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T11:10:19.1433333+00:00

Hi,

I have a Microsoft 365 Developer subscription associated with my account, but I no longer have access to the development tenant.

I previously tried deleting my Microsoft 365 Developer Program profile and waiting more than 60 days before signing up again. However, when I recreated my profile, the existing developer subscription was still associated with my account, and I am still unable to access it.

My goal is to start fresh with a new Microsoft 365 Developer tenant.

Could you please help remove or reset the existing developer subscription associated with my account so that I can create a new development tenant?

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Development | Microsoft 365 Developer Program
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Liora 2,330 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-08T12:29:38.59+00:00

    Please note that this forum is a community support space. I don't have access to the Microsoft 365 Developer Program backend and cannot remove, reset, or reassign developer subscriptions associated with an account.


    Dear @André Andersen,

    Thank you for the details.

    Since the previous Microsoft 365 Developer Program subscription remains associated with your account even after deleting your profile, waiting more than 60 days, and re-enrolling, this appears to be a backend association issue rather than something that can be resolved through the self-service options currently available.

    Because the issue involves a Microsoft 365 Developer Program subscription linked to a Microsoft 365 E5 Developer sandbox, I would recommend contacting Microsoft through an eligible support channel if one is available to you. For example, if you qualify through a supported Visual Studio subscription, partner benefits, or another Microsoft support entitlement, a support engineer may be able to investigate whether the existing Developer Program association can be reviewed.

    For reference: Microsoft 365 Developer Program FAQ

    I hope this helps point you toward the most appropriate support path, and I hope Microsoft can review the existing subscription association so that you're able to provision a fresh development tenant.

    Warm regards,  


    If the answer is helpful, please select "Yes, accept answer". If you have any questions or new updates, please feel free to comment below.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.