I’m completely locked out of my Microsoft 365 account

sheila poole 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T15:16:34.4066667+00:00

I’m currently using my mums Microsoft account because I’m completely locked out and haven’t been able to get any support from Microsoft!

I have just moved to a new iPhone and outlook is asking me to sign in again. I cannot remember my password, I’ve also now tried too many password attempts so it won’t let me enter any more. I also cannot reset my password because I have two step verification enabled and I can’t access Authenticator for a code either. During the transfer my Authenticator Microsoft ID for my account did not move over, so I have no Authenticator codes and I obviously cannot add my email address to the Authenticator app because I can’t remember the password.

I’ve tried following all the advice on forums, and Microsoft support website but none of the links allow me to reset my password or access my account again. I’ve tried phoning Microsoft but it’s a computerised voice system and they immediately hang up on you if you don’t have a business account. I’ve also tried account recovery but Microsoft immediately emailed back saying they won’t allow me to reset the password because I have two step verification on and I need to use the Authenticator app. I’m being sent round in circles and I need to contact someone from Microsoft to get access to my account again. Please can someone help

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | iOS
0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lester Bernard Reyes 86,175 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-08T19:29:53.41+00:00

    Hi, thank you for replying. Unfortunately, that is the only channel to contact support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Lester Bernard Reyes 86,175 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T17:30:34.3833333+00:00

    Hi, thank you for that information. In that case, you may refer to the link below for more options to contact or call support:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. Lester Bernard Reyes 86,175 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T16:54:48.9233333+00:00

    Hi, I'm Bernard. I'm happy to help!

    The Microsoft account recovery form is one of the last and most effective options for recovering your account when other verification methods are unavailable. To help prove that you are the owner of the account, I recommend that you resubmit the form and provide as accurate and detailed information as possible. The more accurate information you provide, the higher the chances of your request being successfully verified.

     

    However, if the issue persists, you can reach out to Microsoft Accounts and Billing support by following these steps:

     

    Go to this link: https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact

     

    Type your problem in the search bar and press Enter.

     

    Scroll down to the bottom and select the blue "Contact Support" button.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.