A Microsoft digital storytelling app for creating and sharing interactive reports and presentations.
Hi Susan,
Thank you for your update.
Since you've completed all the appropriate end-user troubleshooting steps, I have looked into this further and found that other users have shared similar experiences, so you aren't alone. You can review these external status pages for additional information:
Is Microsoft Sway Down? Check current status and user reports | IsDown
Sway Status. Check if Sway is down or having an outage. | StatusGator
Note: These links are shared by community members for your convenience. They point to third-party websites that are not managed or verified by Microsoft. Please review the information provided on those sites and evaluate its relevance to your situation.
At this time, I’ve reviewed the advisories and incidents listed in the Microsoft 365 admin center and didn't find any related notifications. However, this doesn't necessarily mean the issue doesn't exist, as it may currently affect only a small number of users and hasn't yet been widely reported to Microsoft.
As the next best step, I strongly recommend contacting your school's IT administrator to submit a support ticket through the Microsoft 365 admin center > Support > Help & Support for further investigation. In case you do not know who is your IT admin, kindly refer to this article: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support
Turn off the "Support Assistant" feature.
Use the keyword "Support" to quickly bypass automated suggestions > Select Contact Support.
In the ticket description, please clearly describe the issue, including any error messages and the steps you’ve already tried. They can also attach screenshots or screen recordings.
Additionally, sharing their preferred contact times may help the support team handle the case more efficiently.
A Microsoft technical support engineer can conduct a remote session to review the issue in detail, validate backend configurations, and run any required synchronization or diagnostic tools. If necessary, the case can be escalated to a specialized team for more in‑depth analysis and resolution.
I would like to clarify that my role is limited to sharing public documentation, testing observations and general troubleshooting guidance. I don't have access to internal diagnostic tools, engineering backlogs, or build level investigations. Because of that, I am not able to confirm whether this behavior is linked to a known product issue or bug.
Also, as many members of the community may not yet be aware of this behavior. Sharing or highlighting this response can help bring greater visibility to the issue, making it easier for others who are experiencing similar challenges to find relevant information and support.