Entra ID B2B invitations blocked due to suspicious activity on new tenant (no direct support available)

Cristiano Quadrini 5 Reputation points
2026-04-21T10:45:45.41+00:00

We have a Microsoft Entra ID tenant where ALL B2B invitations are blocked.

Error returned by the portal and Microsoft Graph:
"Invitations are blocked for this directory due to suspicious activity"

Context:

  • Only ~12 manual B2B invitations were sent
  • No scripts, no automation, no bulk operations
  • Invitation emails were not delivered
  • Even Global Administrators are blocked
  • The tenant has no ability to open direct support requests

We attempted to open a support case from another tenant with active support, but were instructed to request assistance for the affected tenant.
However, this tenant cannot open support tickets by design.

This appears to be a false-positive antifraud lock that commonly affects new Entra ID tenants.

Could Microsoft please review this tenant internally and remove the B2B invitation restriction?

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra External ID

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Annamária Rita Vágnerné Pocsaji 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-08T06:48:04.3566667+00:00

    Hello,

    I am experiencing exactly the same issue with my Microsoft 365 Business Basic tenant.

    After approximately 10 legitimate external invitations, all new B2B guest invitations were blocked with the following error:

    "Invitations are blocked for this directory due to suspicious activity. Please contact Microsoft support for help."

    I am an agricultural consultant in Hungary. I need to share separate OneDrive folders with approximately 50 agricultural clients, each having access only to their own folder.

    I have already reported the issue through Microsoft 365 Service Health, but I have been unable to submit a direct support ticket.

    Could a Microsoft moderator please help me get this restriction reviewed and removed? I can provide my tenant ID privately.

    Thank you for your assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.