Windows server 2016 reinstallation license issue

Chi Ho Kan 1 Reputation point
2022-08-04T06:04:44.483+00:00

I have installed Windows server 2016 standard at the device. As the server crashed after installed windows update.
I re-installed Windows server 2016 standard at the same device with same license key.
it, however, cannot be activated.
How can I activate it again?
Thanks.

Windows for business | Windows Server | User experience | Other

2 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Limitless Technology 40,116 Reputation points
    2022-08-05T08:01:06.173+00:00

    Hi there,

    Did you make any hardware change ?

    This issue might occur when you try to activate the operating system with an OEM Activation 3.0 (OA3) Digital Product Key (DPK).

    Error 0xC004C003 occurs when a licensing code component tries to access a registry hive without proper access. A resulting access denied error causes the product key not to be extracted correctly.

    KB5001692: Windows Activation fails with error 0xc004c003 on devices which have installed the Windows 10 January 2021 nonsecurity preview release or a later version

    https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-ie/000194108/windows-activation-fails-with-error-0xc004c003-on-computers-which-have-installed-a-non-security-preview-release-of-the-windows-10-20h1-or-later

    I hope this information helps. If you have any questions please let me know and I will be glad to help you out.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    --If the reply is helpful, please Upvote and Accept it as an answer--

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-04T13:28:47.13+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.