Cloud Services Integration & Anywhere access not working on new Server 2016 Installation

Matt Smith 11 Reputation points
2022-04-16T11:46:39.567+00:00

I'm not sure if anyone can help or has the answers and i've tried everything and all fixes from various posts.

I'm getting these errors on a fres install of server essentials 2016 on two different servers.

So after installation i go onto the dashboard to set up the Office 365 intergration and the Azure backup but nothing is loading it just keeps spinning around under the Microsoft Cloud Services Integration.

The second problem i have is setting up anywhere access for the first time, i click the configure tab and the pop up comes to set it up so i click next and i get An error occured while setting up your domain.

I'm not sure if something is corrupt or whether a role is missing for both these features not to be working.

Screenshots below

193489-cloud.jpg

193611-anywhere.jpg

If anyone has any ideads then great. Again this is a fresh install. I've tried using both the origial CD and a downloaded ISO from Microsoft.

Thanks,

Matt

Windows for business | Windows Server | User experience | Other
0 comments No comments

8 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Matt Smith 11 Reputation points
    2022-05-09T07:11:23.507+00:00

    I'm not sure when mine broke.

    I've done an inplace upgrade and a fresh installation and i still get the same problems, can't integrate Azure Directory, Office 365 or get the anywhere access working.

    Don't think MS will be fixing this.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. Brian Stevens 41 Reputation points
    2022-05-09T04:44:31.733+00:00

    Had the same problem with Anywhere Access and resolved it with the following registry fixes Apr 3, 2021 but today I see I have the same problem again! My DNS is not being updated and I can't release the domain or do a repair. I haven't used remote services since Mar 8th so not sure when it broke.

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft.NETFramework\v2.0.50727]
    "SystemDefaultTlsVersions"=dword:00000001
    "SchUseStrongCrypto"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft.NETFramework\v4.0.30319]
    "SystemDefaultTlsVersions"=dword:00000001
    "SchUseStrongCrypto"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft.NETFramework\v2.0.50727]
    "SystemDefaultTlsVersions"=dword:00000001
    "SchUseStrongCrypto"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft.NETFramework\v4.0.30319]
    "SystemDefaultTlsVersions"=dword:00000001
    "SchUseStrongCrypto"=dword:00000001

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  3. ChrisWY27 146 Reputation points
    2022-05-04T19:40:15.893+00:00

    For what it's worth I can't renew (or even release) my previously set up domain. Despite being supported until 2027 I'm not sure M$ will keep all features working until then

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.