Task can't be completed because RDS is currently busy
Hi,
I have an issue with RDP (accessible only via a VPN). Lately, I have been locking down our environment and applied Windows Firewall policies for Private, Public and Domain.
I came across this bluescreen error after applying Domain Firewall policies.
"The task you are trying to do can't be completed because Remote Desktop Services is currently busy. Please try again in a few minutes. Other users should still be able to log on"
- RDS server is Windows Server 2016 - patched to latest updates
- Checked Event Logs in Microsoft>Windows>Remote Desktop and there was nothing related
- Server is allocated 8GB of RAM. Only 2GB-3GB is used
- Windows Domain Firewall policies are default policies (double checked that port 3389 is allowed)
- It locks everyone out, even administrator.
- GPresults show that RDS does not limit connections (GPO is not set therefore default is unlimited connections).
Everything is back to normal once I turn off Domain Firewall.
When I read articles over Google, it seems none of the fixes had something to do with Windows Firewall.
Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Remote desktop services and terminal services
Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
1 answer
Sort by: Oldest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more