Teams for Mac failure of microphone and sound

Neville Perry 16 Reputation points
2022-02-07T05:50:39.67+00:00

At least 2-3 times a week I have issues with Teams for Mac client. When I try and connect to a Teams conference call, the microphone and sound all becomes very distorted. Zoom, Chime and Google Video Chat all work 100% only Teams client fails. I have even switched over to the Web interface and this works fine. I have quit Teams using the Force Quit command, and then restarted the client, and still the same problem. The only remedy is to reboot my Mac. I thought perhaps this was due to Updates being auto loaded, but I have tried turning these off, both on MacOs and Office for Mac level (turned off all updates). The problem still persists. This is VERY annoying as up until about 3 months ago I only rebooted my Mac about 1-2 times per month, now I have to do it almost every day. I am running MacOs Catalina 10.15.7 and Teams is fully updated to latest release.

Microsoft Teams | Development
Microsoft Teams | Development

Building, integrating, or customizing apps and workflows within Microsoft Teams using developer tools and APIs


2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Aaron B 5 Reputation points
    2023-02-09T16:54:47.6+00:00

    I've had the same thing happen and don't know the cause, but I did find a workaround:

    Go to ... > Settings > Devices

    Then toggle "Automatically adjust mic sensitivity" (it doesn't matter what it is set to -- just needs to be toggled)

    You can use "Make a test call" to test it.

    ** This is only a temporary fix -- the problem keeps coming back **

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. Tao, David 0 Reputation points
    2024-01-23T21:45:03.5433333+00:00

    Been using the new version of teams and it actually hasnt occured over the past day, will report back if the issue returns. Version 23335.208.2601.834 (23335.208.2601.834) on macOS 14.1.2 (23B92)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.