How do I make the Windows 11 Taskbar always on top?

TiredSoul 201 Reputation points
2021-12-13T14:34:02.61+00:00

I cant seem to access my taskbar when it is hidden by auto-hide, and when I use the shortcuts, then switch to my tabs, it immediately disappears instead of going down. Every article I've read are for older windows versions, and use taskbar properties, but I don't know how to access taskbar properties on Windows 11, as right clicking it doesn't have all the options it used to.

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Other

22 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Mario Liebisch 51 Reputation points
    2022-03-11T06:32:12.627+00:00

    Microsoft acknowledged the issue in this Feedback Hub thread and promised a solution to be included starting with build 22567.

    For the time being, you can also use this tool, which runs in background and tries to fiddle with windows styles to avoid the issue. I've been using it for quite some time and only some games bug out the task bar, but this can be fixed by hitting the Windows key once or twice to make the start menu pop up and close. After that the cursor makes it reappear as expected.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.

  2. LumberJ4Ck 61 Reputation points
    2022-05-17T15:36:54.09+00:00

    Turning off my HUD FPS Layout in NVIDIA Settings (ALT + Z) appears to have resolved the issue for me.202891-image-2022-05-17-19-33-42.png

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.

  3. Dalton Reeves 146 Reputation points
    2022-07-25T18:32:12.317+00:00

    What a trash OS that this happens and I have to install and adjust Nvidia's program? its July 2022 and this is happening? Awful.

    Seems the easier solution is to just click and unclick this box.

    224551-image.png

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. Ary 6 Reputation points
    2022-09-29T11:26:02.2+00:00

    I have tried mucking around with the regedit and followed the online articles and videos but still the new updates on the Windows 11 revert back to the defaults.
    I now absolutely hate the windows 11 ! hate how the new windows 11 doesn't allow you to move your task bar to the top. Having the task bar at the bottom is not ergonomic and it hurt my neck.
    What happened to having the option to customize your windows

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  5. Mario Liebisch 51 Reputation points
    2022-09-29T15:20:09.883+00:00

    Updated to Windows 11 22H2 last week and it seems like this finally fixed all my focusing issues.

    Since then I never had an issue making the taskbar pop up (except while watching a fullscreen video or playing a fullscreen game, as expected). Also my recent issues switching to different windows was fixed as well.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.