Turning off my HUD FPS Layout in NVIDIA Settings (ALT + Z) appears to have resolved the issue for me.
How do I make the Windows 11 Taskbar always on top?
I cant seem to access my taskbar when it is hidden by auto-hide, and when I use the shortcuts, then switch to my tabs, it immediately disappears instead of going down. Every article I've read are for older windows versions, and use taskbar properties, but I don't know how to access taskbar properties on Windows 11, as right clicking it doesn't have all the options it used to.
Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Other
22 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
LumberJ4Ck 61 Reputation points
2022-05-17T15:36:54.09+00:00 -
Mario Liebisch 51 Reputation points
2022-03-11T06:32:12.627+00:00 Microsoft acknowledged the issue in this Feedback Hub thread and promised a solution to be included starting with build 22567.
For the time being, you can also use this tool, which runs in background and tries to fiddle with windows styles to avoid the issue. I've been using it for quite some time and only some games bug out the task bar, but this can be fixed by hitting the Windows key once or twice to make the start menu pop up and close. After that the cursor makes it reappear as expected.
-
Mohammed Al Awad 1 Reputation point
2022-02-23T08:53:28.463+00:00 Thanks, this is helpful however when I did this I lost the view when I open more than one file, ex. if I open 3 excel file I lose the view and when I click on those file nothing appear and I use the Alt Tap to navigate between my files
-
Jim D 1 Reputation point
2022-02-06T22:24:15.06+00:00 Same problem for me. I found out that the latest update to PowerToys was my specific direct cause. When I exited it, the taskbar worked properly. Since there are other "causes" and fixes reported, does anyone have an idea what underlying common problem is at fault (pun intended)?
-
Dan Mattsson 1 Reputation point
2022-02-05T22:04:15.993+00:00 I have never had the overlay function activated and have the same problem. I can't believe this is still an issue - amazing sloppiness by MS. If someone knows how to deal with this, please let me know. It's driving me crazy.