How do I make the Windows 11 Taskbar always on top?

TiredSoul 201 Reputation points
2021-12-13T14:34:02.61+00:00

I cant seem to access my taskbar when it is hidden by auto-hide, and when I use the shortcuts, then switch to my tabs, it immediately disappears instead of going down. Every article I've read are for older windows versions, and use taskbar properties, but I don't know how to access taskbar properties on Windows 11, as right clicking it doesn't have all the options it used to.

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Other

22 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Wesley Boyer 0 Reputation points
    2023-04-06T18:09:51.81+00:00

    There appears to be a problem with what is meant by ON TOP. My problem is that I want the taskbar to be at the TOP OF THE SCREEN only on monitor #2 which is physically above monitor #1, with the taskbar at the bottom of the screen on the lower monitor [#1]. I used to be able to do this in Win 10 but now unable to do it with Win 11 Pro. Microsoft HELP CHAT had no solution.

    Was this answer helpful?


  5. IOwnEverything YoureNotHappy 0 Reputation points
    2023-03-09T18:26:20.9+00:00

    same/similar issue/complaint here I am so annoyed by the fact that they wont allow taskbar to be AT TOP (not necessarily the same complaint y'all are reporting here) however I am so frustrated about it I spent like 2+ hours back-grading to Windows 10 once I realized they removed the ability to set the taskbar/menubar or whatever you want to call it, any where but "bottom" or "left" I always use to keep the taskbar at the top as I find that this is not only WAY more efficient for anything including productivity or otherwise, and on TOP of that it also helps to reduce the "Text Neck" that a lot of MD's Chiropractors and the like are now referring to even looking at the middle of the screen compared to the top you can start to really notice if you're oriented towards looking down because of the taskbar being at the bottom versus at the top how much of a difference it makes

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.