Azure OpenAI: Unable to deploy GPT-6 models in East US — Policy and quota issues

EdBloomfield-9109 0 Reputation points
2026-10-10T16:03:44.41+00:00

Problem description

I am trying to deploy GPT-6 models (gpt-6-astra, gpt-6-luna, gpt-6-sol) in my Azure OpenAI resource located in East US. While I can deploy GPT-5 models like gpt-5-mini and gpt-5.4-mini, I receive an error stating that the GPT-6 models cannot be deployed due to a policy in my subscription. Additionally, these GPT-6 models appear to have insufficient quota across all regions. I am seeking to understand why this is happening and how to resolve the deployment restrictions.

Environment

Azure OpenAI service, resource in East US, Standard S0 tier, subscription with Owner permissions.

What I've already tried

I have verified that I can deploy GPT-5 models, indicating the resource is functional. I attempted to deploy GPT-6 models, but they failed with policy and quota messages. I have not yet submitted quota requests for GPT-6 models, nor have I checked the quota allocations or model access policies in detail.

Current status

I am looking for guidance on how to obtain the necessary quota and access policies to deploy GPT-6 models in East US, and whether I need to request additional quota or change my subscription tier to support these models.

Azure OpenAI in Foundry Models

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.