Unable to change Outlook account password

Kiel Encinias 0 Reputation points
2026-10-10T03:11:39.1533333+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to change the password for my personal Outlook account, but I keep receiving this error message:

"There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later."

I have tried multiple times, but the issue still occurs.

I can still access my Outlook mailbox normally, but I cannot complete the password change process.

Could someone please advise what might be causing this issue and how I can resolve it?

Thank you.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

5 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. EmilyS726 271.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-10T03:53:12.1033333+00:00

    Hello,

    Please try opening an InPrivate or Incognito browser window, then go to:

    https://account.microsoft.com/security

    Sign in and try changing your password from there using the "change password" option.

    If you still get the same error, try using this link:

    https://account.live.com/password/reset

    If neither works, it could be a temporary service issue or security restriction.

    Has this been happening for several days, or did it just start today?

    Have you tried on a different device, or use different internet?

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. UDIT KASHYAP BHUYAN - GUWAHATI 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-10T03:15:48.85+00:00

    Using Mobile through Microsoft Authenticator it easy to change password.

    Was this answer helpful?


  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.