MICROSOFT AUTHENTICATOR

Kelly Renee 0 Reputation points
2026-10-10T01:43:35.0233333+00:00

Hi. i

I was just wondering what is suggested to use in place of Microsoft Authenticator? Thank you. --Kelly

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Bulldog 4,865 Reputation points
    2026-10-10T19:25:45.7533333+00:00

    " ... to use in place of Microsoft Authenticator ... "

    I'm not sure what that means. Are you considering a different authenticator app? Microsoft Authenticator is very good for what it does, however, Google Authenticator (what I use) and Authy are also well-regarded. The choice is yours.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Nathan Roberts (SN) 13,711 Reputation points Student Ambassador Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-10T12:08:20.3966667+00:00

    Hey there, Kelly Renee

    For my account, I use a range of security methods to ensure my account is protected. I have the following:

    1. Microsoft Authenticator app,
    2. Windows Hello (Home),
    3. Security Key.

    This, along with having two-step verification enabled with a passwordless account keeps my account secure. The Microsoft Authenticator app allows you to verify a code and use a TOPT code to sign into the account from your phone. As long as you know to transfer the accounts from your previous phone to your new phone, this is a secure method.

    If you don't want to use the Microsoft Authenticator app, you can use the Google Authenticator app you can download onto your phone through the Google Play Store app. For more information about Miltifactor Authentication, please check this support article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/what-is-multifactor-authentication

    Hope this helps,
    Nathan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.