Locked account. Microsoft Stating I broke a rule for trying to log into my account.

Scolfsit 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T03:29:58.12+00:00

I was locked out of my account a few months ago due to trying to log in to many times. I tried to reset my password with a reset code and was not receiving the so ended up reloading the page a few times to send it thinking it was a internet issue. I eventually got the code but when I reset my password it said my account was locked.

I put in a ticket with Microsoft account support but it was decided I broke the digital safety policies for "Abuse of our Platform and Services". Maybe I don't understand how I broke the terms of service but how is trying to reset my password an abuse of the services?

I have quite a few purchases on my account Games, software, and licenses.

Is there anyway to appeal this?

Any help is appreciated.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Francisco Montilla 31,080 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-08T04:07:46.7533333+00:00

    Hello,

    Just a heads up first since you are dealing with an account lockout, I need to clarify that this public forum Microsoft Learn is staffed by users, not Microsoft employees. We do not have any internal access to look up your profile or reverse security bans.

    Before we see what appeal options you have left, could you clarify exactly what type of ticket you put in with them previously? Did you fill out the standard account recovery form that asks for old passwords and contacts, or did you fill out the specific manual account reinstatement form meant for suspended compliance cases?

    Let me know so we can figure out your next move.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.