CANNOT UNINSTALL MICROSOFT 365 and ONE NOTE

Shepherd Recovery 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T23:51:12.38+00:00

Microsoft 365 and OneNote in other languages WILL NOT UNINSTALL. There are still Microsoft Onenote -DE-DE and many other what I think are languages, that will NOT UNINSTALL.

I click uninstall and they say uninstalling but they are still there. I have tried doing this 10x to click uninstall then it will say it uninstalled but you can still see it there!

They all look like

Microsoft OneNote –De-DE

Microsoft OneNote - es-es

Microsoft OneNote - fr-fr

Microsoft OneNote- he-il

Etc I think these are languages— but it there is no way to delete them off my pc.

I’m trying to download Office 20204 and it says can’t install office 2024 until those other items are uninstalled.

Can anyone help me this is an utter nightmare.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jeronimo Fuerte 46,745 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-08T01:48:17.8466667+00:00

    Could you please confirm whether you are using Windows 10 or Windows 11, and whether these entries appear under Settings > Apps > Installed apps or Control Panel > Programs and Features? Also, when you attempt to install Office 2024, could you share the exact error message or a screenshot showing which applications the installer identifies as incompatible?

    Additionally, have you already tried Microsoft's official Office uninstall troubleshooter?

    https://support.microsoft.com/office/lifecycle/officeinstall/uninstall-microsoft-365-or-office-from-a-pc

    Or have you only attempted removal through Windows Settings?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.