Startups: Companies that are in their initial stages of business and typically developing a business model and seeking financing.
Welcome to Microsoft Q&A
Hello @Magnus Kobbeltvedt Haga ,
This is a good question, and unfortunately I haven't found any Microsoft-published documentation that explicitly states the validity period or extension policy for the NVIDIA Inception Azure credit benefit.
Because this offer is administered through the NVIDIA Inception program, the specific terms (credit validity period, activation timing, expiration, and renewal/extension eligibility) are typically provided through the NVIDIA startup benefits portal or the benefit redemption process rather than standard Azure subscription documentation.
For your specific questions:
- Credit validity period: I have not found an official Microsoft source that confirms whether the credits expire 12 months after activation or follow another period.
- When the clock starts: This is generally determined by the benefit terms and is often tied to benefit redemption/activation rather than Azure subscription creation, but I have not found published terms confirming this for the NVIDIA benefit.
- Extensions: Most Azure promotional credits are forfeited at expiration unless explicitly extended, but I could not verify whether the NVIDIA Inception benefit has an extension process.
- Microsoft for Startups compatibility: I am not aware of any published restriction stating that redeeming the NVIDIA benefit prevents later participation in Microsoft for Startups Founders Hub. However, benefit stacking and eligibility are program-specific and should be confirmed by the program administrators.
- Given that this is a partner-administered benefit, I would recommend contacting either:
- The NVIDIA Inception program support team through the Inception portal.
- Microsoft for Startups support if you are evaluating future Founders Hub participation.
They will be able to provide the authoritative terms applicable to your specific offer.
References
- NVIDIA Inception: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/startups/
- Microsoft for Startups Founders Hub: https://www.microsoft.com/startups
If my answer helped you resolve your issue, please consider marking it as the correct answer. This helps others in the community find similar solutions.