Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I open a new tab on Microsoft edge it is not showing the news feed. In the settings menu of the new tab page, it shows no settings just a small grey window. On msn.com it does not show the feed either, unless I turn off new msn homepage. I have already tried clearing cache and cookies and clearing browsing data. I have also repaired edge through the settings app.
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 11
Hi,
This can happen when the current Edge profile is corrupted. Try creating a new Edge profile to see if the news feed appears there. To do this, click the Profile icon, then select Set up a new profile > Personal. Once the new profile opens, the news feed in the new tab should display by default.
AI answer
Since clearing cache/cookies, browsing data, and repairing Edge were already tried, the next supported checks are:
Based on the symptoms—blank/grey customization pane on the new tab page and feed missing on both the new tab page and MSN unless the new MSN homepage is turned off—the strongest supported next step is to disable extensions and test in a new Edge profile. That best matches documented causes for new tab page changes and a reported resolution for broken new tab behavior.