Ms Family Safety issue

Samer Aqqad 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T09:13:47.3633333+00:00

I am trying to recover my Microsoft account because it is the adult account that originally created and manages my Microsoft Family group.

 

This account is currently the Family Safety organizer and is also the adult account that originally provided parental consent for my Microsoft account.

 

Unfortunately, the account has become inaccessible/blocked, and we have been unable to recover it through the normal recovery process. Because of this, I cannot properly manage or change the Family Safety relationship associated with my account.

 

I would like Microsoft to help me recover this account if possible.

 

If the account cannot be recovered, I would like Microsoft Support to advise whether the Family Safety organizer/parental-consent relationship can be transferred to a new adult Microsoft account that I can access or otherwise help us remove the inaccessible account from the family arrangement.

 

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | Other | Other
Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | Other | Other

A free app and service that helps families create healthy digital habits and stay connected. It’s designed to support both online safety and real-world awareness by offering tools for screen time management, content filtering, and location sharing

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Haytham-C 5,630 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-07T15:27:42.5933333+00:00

    Hello Samer Aqqad

    Thank you for reaching out and I'm so sorry to hear about the situation with your account.

    You've mentioned that you've tried the recovery process, by that did you mean filling in the Microsoft Account Recovery form or using the Sign-in Helper?

    In case you have follow the prompt, I can only advise you to keep trying and fill in the recovery form as many times as possible since that is the only method to activate the recovery process.

    About transfer the Family group, first you must regain the access of your main account first then you will have to remove each member of that family group first, only then can you create a new Family group and adding the members back.

    Unfortunately, as community moderators, we do not have access to Microsoft accounts and cannot view account details, verify ownership, reset passwords, recover accounts, or make any changes on a user's behalf. For privacy and security reasons, we also do not have any tools that would allow us to intervene in the account recovery process. If you do not receive any response from the Microsoft Account protection, you can also reach out to Microsoft support directly for more insights:

    • Go to Contact Us - Microsoft Support 
    • Select Microsoft 365
    • Click Get Home Support
    • Type a brief description of your issue in the search box.
    • Click Get Help and select Contact Support below. 
    • Go to the Products and services tab and choose the appropriate product.
    • On the Category tab, choose the appropriate category or an alternative option.
    • Go to Confirm. Look for and select "Chat with a support agent in your web browser" (during business hours) if available. Explain your situation clearly.

    I sincerely apologize that we cannot provide more direct assistance in this situation. I know how concerning account security issues can be, and I wish you the very best with the recovery process.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.