Paper size is not being honoured when I try to print a pdf to my large scale plotter. Also cannot add Custom mmts.

Tracey Rossato 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T05:22:30.3633333+00:00

I have a 1800x460mm pdf that I am trying to send to our large-scale plotter & it will not honour the layout size. There is also no way to add custom paper sizes either. I have followed a few different options listed in this forum & none work. I am unfortunately using Windows 11 which does not play nice.

My original document was created in ESRI ArcGIS Pro & exported as a flattened PDF. I have never had to add custom sizes in as it usually follows the document properties. Please advise.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Vikki-T 11,870 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-07T09:53:21.64+00:00

    Hi Tracey Rossato,

    I understand how disruptive this can be when the PDF has already been exported at the required 1800 × 460 mm size, but the plotter does not preserve that size when printing.

    The available paper sizes and the option to create a custom size are normally provided by the plotter’s printer driver. If Windows is using a generic, class, or IPP driver, some manufacturer-specific options may not appear.

    Could you please confirm the following?

    • The exact brand and model of the plotter
    • The application you are using to open and print the PDF, such as Microsoft Edge or Adobe Acrobat
    • Whether the plotter was installed with the full driver from the manufacturer or was added automatically by Windows
    • Whether the same size issue occurs when printing another PDF with a standard paper size

    In the meantime, open the plotter’s Printing preferences or Printer properties and check for an option such as Custom, User-defined paper size, or PostScript Custom Page Size. When printing the PDF, also make sure the scaling option is set to Actual size or 100%, rather than Fit or Shrink oversized pages.

    If no custom-size option is available, please download and install the latest full Windows 11 driver or print software for the exact plotter model from the manufacturer’s official support website. After installation, check the plotter’s printing preferences again.

    The exact plotter model and driver name will help determine whether 1800 × 460 mm is supported directly and where the custom-size setting should appear. Thank you so much for your understanding.     


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.