How to obtain my product key

Sheree Kim Swanson 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T22:39:37.13+00:00

I have used Microsoft office on the same computer for approximately 5 years. This morning, word was disabled and I was prompted to provide a product key or purchase it again, I am bewildered why this has happened. I have misplaced my product key. Is there an alternative to locate it?

Thank you

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Estrella721 46,550 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T23:15:44.82+00:00

    Hi,

    The product key is a one-time redemption. If Office was previously activated on your computer, it means the license is already permanently linked to your Microsoft account, you do not need the product key anymore. You can use the same Microsoft account to install or reactivate Office.

    Sign in to your Microsoft account here: https://account.microsoft.com/services

    Can you see your Office license listed there?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.