Sway keeps crashing

Dr. Taren Walters 5 Reputation points
2026-10-06T21:02:42.0533333+00:00

I've been working on building a Sway page, and every 30 seconds to 1 minute it refreshes and loses a lot of my work and I have to redo it. I'm not working in app, only in the web version. But it is unbearable to work with because it is crashing so much. I've cleared my cache, I've worked incognito mode and nothing stops it.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Sway | Other

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Norah-L 11,430 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-07T06:10:57.2866667+00:00

    Hello Dr. Taren Walters,

    Since the issue continues after clearing the browser cache and using Incognito mode, it may be related to the browser, your account session, or the affected Sway itself.

    Here are some suggestions you can try:

    1. Open Sway in a different browser and temporarily disable any extensions, especially ad blockers, writing assistants, or security extensions.
    2. Sign out of Sway, close the browser completely, then reopen it and sign back in.
    3. Make sure your browser is updated to the latest version.
    4. Create a small test Sway using the same account. If the test Sway works normally, make a copy of the affected Sway and try editing the copy.

    To avoid losing more work, you may also want to write longer sections in Word or Notepad first, then paste them into Sway.

    If the issue continues, please let me know:

    • Are you using a personal Microsoft account or a work/school account?
    • Does the refreshing happen only with this Sway, or also with the newly created test Sway?
    • Does an error message appear before the page refreshes? If so, please share its exact wording.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.