Outlook Email giving error on Samsung S23 and higher phones and iPhones also

Michael Douglas 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T16:19:18.0933333+00:00

I am unable to install a user email account on Outlook to some models of Samsung Phones and also all iPhones so far.

I am getting an error:

"Sorry, but we're having trouble signing you in

AADSTS50020: User Account *******"

I have deleted Outlook, restarted the phone. Reinstall Outlook and the error persists. I also removed the account and reinstalled as a new user. Same error.

Appreciate any help to have this resolved.

The email is for Work.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Hendrix 1,750 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T16:52:56.2133333+00:00

    Hi Michael,

    Based on what you shared, this is likely a tenant authentication issue. AADSTS50020 means the account being entered belongs to a different identity from the tenant where Outlook is attempting to authenticate it. This error usually requires access to verify the account’s tenant, user object, sign-in logs, licensing, and access policies.

    Since the issue occurs across multiple Samsung phones and iPhones, the best next step is to contact your company's IT department for further assistance. You can share the full error message, Request ID, Correlation ID, and Timestamp displayed on the error page with your administrator. The administrator should then review the failed attempt under Entra ID > Monitoring & health > Sign-in logs and confirm that your user exists in the correct tenant with the appropriate mailbox and license.

    If you are unsure who your IT administrator is, you can refer to this guide: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? 

    Hope this information is useful. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out again in the comments on this post. I'm happy to help.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.