Getting code for resetting password

Bill & Gerri Olvaney 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T16:01:20.58+00:00

I am trying to set up my email account on my ipad butry it I get a request to log into my Microsoft account when I enter the info I get a error that the account does not exist. How do I get onto my account to start a chat

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-10-06T16:01:35.6733333+00:00

    If the sign-in page says the Microsoft account does not exist, first confirm the account name. If the email or username may be wrong, use the account lookup flow for forgotten usernames.

    If the account is correct but sign-in still fails, use the Microsoft sign-in helper tool. It checks the email address or phone number entered and guides the next recovery step.

    For password reset:

    1. On the Microsoft sign-in page, select Forgot password?
    2. Enter the username for the account and select Next.
    3. Choose a verification method to receive a code.
    4. If no verification option is available, or the listed email/phone is not recognized, use the sign-in helper tool.

    To reach chat support, the available support path in the provided guidance is:

    1. Go to the Microsoft Support contact page.
    2. Search for Account recovery.
    3. Select Get Help.
    4. Scroll to Contact Support.
    5. Choose Other Products.
    6. Choose Manage account security.
    7. Select Chat with a support agent in your web browser if that option is offered.

    If this is Outlook on iPad and recurring password prompts continue, install the latest Outlook mobile app version.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.