Windows Update Issues

Thomas Hunter 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T15:01:24.6766667+00:00

I downloaded, installed Windows 26H2, but it is not showing in update history

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. David-M 127.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T15:40:16.5333333+00:00

    Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.


    This behavior can happen after installing major feature updates. Feature updates are categorized separately under "Feature Updates" in the history list, or the update history log can sometimes be refreshed during a major version upgrade.

    To verify if Windows 11 26H2 was successfully installed, you can check your system's current version and build number:

    • Press "Windows + R", type winver, and click OK.

    Is the version "26H2"? Is the OS Build "26300.9457" or later?


    Looking forward to your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. GTS-NJ 1,080 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-06T15:39:42.5333333+00:00

    Does a winver command confirm that 26H2 is installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.