Replaced PC, now one monitor goes out for 2-8 seconds when I start a video on the other.

Sarah G 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T14:24:43.8733333+00:00

So my old PC had to be replaced due to hardware failure. The monitors however worked perfectly fine with it, I didn't have issues with screen flashing. I have 2 monitors: an LC 4k monitor (which I only run on 2k), and a Huion Kamvas Pro which is a drawing tablet I use as a second monitor even when I'm not drawing on it.

Once I got my new Windows 11 home PC, I had an issue where my LG monitor would flicker once periodically. I was able to resolve this by updating the monitor's driver.

Now, I'm running into a new issue:

The LG monitor will, a few times a day, randomly, go black for 2-8 seconds. When this happens, the sound also stops on videos, etc. (for reference, I do use external speakers, but they are plugged into the LG monitor as well as the PC). It will come back on its own after a few seconds. Sometimes it's for seemingly no reason, but it does frequently line up with me starting up streaming a video in my browser (such as Hulu or Discovery+) on my Huion monitor. I start up a video on the Huion, the LG goes black for 2-8 seconds and no sound works during this time. Then it starts working no problem. I did NOT have this issue at all on the previous PC.

In my internet searches, I've not been able to find this exact scenario. I did attempt fixes for similar scenarios in hopes that would fix it. I have already done the following:

  • Updated the monitor's driver
  • Updated my graphics card driver
  • Checked the seating of my cables to ensure they are not loose, etc.
  • Turned off hardware acceleration on the browser for the video (chrome)
  • Checked PC for updates (I am up to date)

I've had this PC for a few weeks now, and this specific issue has been occurring for about 2 weeks (it basically replaced my initial issue of the screen just flickering). I've run out of ideas on what to try, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Display and graphics
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. David Jones 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-06T14:51:23.2266667+00:00

    Ok, this is going to sound a little goofy. I have the same problem and when I asked an inhouse IT guy about my Dell monitor flickering and flashing off momentarily, he advised that it's the monitor's cord display port connection to the router(?). There's apparently no fixing this permanently, as he advised to unplug it and blow across the plug like you would the old game cartridges years ago. He said those connections are just a bad design. I thought his solution was a copout but I honestly got tired of searching for a fix so I tried the blowing method and yep, it works for a day or two, then repeat when needed. Also, sometimes just a wiggle of the cord to reposition the connectors helps, too.

    I hope this high tech procedure helps you, lol.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.