Is there a formal complaints scheme or regulatory body which hears complaints against Microsoft
I bought a Surface 7 in Feb costing £1549 expecting it to be top line and fast. From inception it has shown many errors and problems. Unfortunately, I did not get around to following these up with MSFT until 6 months or so had passed, because I was battling with illness, however during that time several techs local to me tried to trouble shoot without success. They all declared there to be something very odd with my Surface.
After I'd recovered, I raised the issue with MSFT. They tried to offer me a replacement reconditioned certified machine. This I was not obliged to accept under UK Law (Sale of Goods Act 2015) so MFSt elected to try to repair. As a result over the last 3 months I have spent hours and hours with their helpful level 3 technicians trying to resolve the many problems that the Surface7 has. This includes a complete factory reset and reinstall. Before agreeing to this, I was told that if the problems still reoccurred afterwards - it was certainly a hardware issue. Last week alone MSFT technicians had remote control for 6 hrs! One concluded that part of my problems stem from the fact that my Surface has an Arm Snapdragon chip, whereas I need an Intell or AMD x64 because I have an icloud account. (At no point before I bought the Surface was this limitation flagged up to me - otherwise I would not have bought it.)
I am trying to contact Ricardo Sergeio of microsoft escalation support comms, but I am told by the technicians with whom I have been dealing that my emails to him are routing to them instead. So I want to know is there a formal complaints scheme or regulatory body which hears complaints against Microsoft or has anyone got a telephone number?