Why don't I have Copilot video creation with a personal Microsoft 365 subscription?

Jack T 40 Reputation points
2026-10-06T04:07:53.4933333+00:00

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to understand why I don't have access to the "Create a video" feature in Copilot.

I have a personal Microsoft account with a paid Microsoft 365 subscription and Copilot works in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. I also have Clipchamp installed and working.

In Copilot Create, I can create images, PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, infographics, stories, drafts, etc., but there's no Video option anywhere.

I've seen Microsoft demos and help articles showing prompt-to-video generation, but I can't access that feature.

Is video creation currently limited to business/work accounts, or should it also be available to personal Microsoft 365 subscribers? If personal accounts are supposed to have access, is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for any clarification.

Microsoft Copilot | Other
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Vikki-T 11,775 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-10-06T09:06:37.35+00:00

Hi Jack T,

The key distinction here is the account type rather than whether Clipchamp is installed. Microsoft currently lists video creation in Copilot Create as available only to work or school accounts where Clipchamp has been enabled by the organization’s administrator.

For Microsoft 365 Personal, Family, Premium, and Pro accounts, the Create a video option is not currently included. This is why you can still use Copilot in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and access the other creation tools, while the Video option remains unavailable.

Based on the current feature availability, this does not indicate a problem with your subscription or installation. You can review the account-specific availability here: Get started with Create in the Microsoft Copilot app.

I understand that the demos can make the feature appear more broadly available, so I hope this helps clarify the difference between the personal and organizational experiences. Thank you so much for your understanding.     


Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

Answer accepted by question author

AI answer

2026-10-06T04:08:06.62+00:00

Yes. Copilot video creation is currently limited to commercial users with work accounts, not personal Microsoft 365 subscriptions.

The supported scenario for Create a video is:

  • a commercial user (Entra ID)
  • with a Microsoft 365 plan
  • with access to Copilot Chat
  • and Clipchamp enabled for the organization

That matches why the feature is missing in a personal Microsoft account even when:

  • Copilot works in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
  • Clipchamp is installed and working
  • other Copilot Create options appear

Microsoft’s documentation for video creation specifically says it is available to commercial users (Entra ID) and that Clipchamp must be enabled by the organization. It also says the feature is available in the Create hub and not in the main Copilot for work chat.

So in this case, nothing appears to be misconfigured on the personal subscription. The missing Video option is expected because the feature is documented for organizational/work accounts rather than personal Microsoft accounts.


References:

AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.